dim present.

🐛

in the vast expanse above, I recall the vividness of the sky, its once-bold azure hue etched in memory

in the vast expanse above, I recall the vividness of the sky, its once-bold azure hue etched in memory. yet , back then, it was merely just blue, devoid of nuance or such depth.

we adorned ourselves with blooms, their petals offering only uncomplicated shades of pink and red, lacking the intricate hues.

the television flickered with indistinct images, a mesmerizing spectacle devoid of clarity, its palette limited to a scant few colors or the stark contrast of black and white.

the cuisine we savored held no complex flavors, just a simple satisfaction on the palate, devoid of the rich layers of taste.

and now, each color bears its own shade, every scent carries a narrative, every dish boasts its unique flavor profile. every moment, once innocuous, now carries a weighty significance, unveiling a disquieting truth.

the sky, no longer merely blue but imbued with the nuanced cerulean tint, serves as a reminder of intricate complexities. the flavors of food , once a source of comfort, now stir a restless yearning for umami flavours.

life, once a vibrant spectrum of experiences, now dims to somber, dusty hues, devoid of the vibrancy that once illuminated our days. and in this newfound clarity, I find myself recoiling from the harsh realities it unveils, longing for the simplicity of yesteryears.

Hazel, 2023.

⋆ ₊ ゚ ☽ * ₊ ⋆