Meeting The Parents

First Imagine, hope you like it. Dedicated to MjandLexfor .
---------------------------------------------

Lex's POV

It was 1983, in June on a hot summers day. I was enjoying the hot sun with my boyfriend, Michael Jackson.

I was looking for him all over the house, and found him in the living room. "Michael, what are you doing watching the food channel?" I laughed, sitting next to him. He looked at me. "Baby, I'm learning how to cook." He said, writing recipes in a notebook.

"So when we visit your parents today, I can impress them, baby." He didn't take his eyes off his notebook for one second. "Oh, fuck." I hit my head with hand. I totally forgot about seeing my parents with Michael, today. My mom scheduled to have dinner with me and Michael, so she and my father could get to know Michael a little bit better.

I've always talked about him to my parents, or showed them pictures of him and I out of state, on vacation or something. This would be the first time Michael met my parents, and my parents met Michael. "I totally forgot."

"Well then, it's a good thing I reminded you, huh?"

"What time are we supposed to be having dinner at my parents' house, Mike?"

"5:30 p.m."

I was panicking inside, I didn't want to be late. I looked at the clock. 4:35 p.m. Shit. I ran upstairs and tried to find a decent outfit. To my surprise, Michael is already dressed wearing a pink dress shirt, black slacks, black tux coat and penny loafers. His hair was in a jerry curl - do, with strings of curls falling down his face. "Hurry up and get dressed, babe. You know how long it takes to get to your parents house."

"Which tie do you think I should wear, black or red?" he asked, holding up each tie.

"Red. What dress should I wear?" I put his tie on for him. He sighed.

"You're still not dressed yet, Lex? Wear your black dress, babe. We gotta go."

He handed me my black dress. "I'll be in the car, waiting. Okay?" He kissed me on the cheek. I changed into my black dress and fixed my hair, putting on jewelry. I was ready to go see my parents.
----------------------------------------------

Michael and I were down the street from my parents house. As soon as we were there, we parked in my parents' driveway. I let out a deep breath.

"Are you nervous?" Michael looked at me.

"Yeah. I'm just worried about my parents and how they might react. Will they be nice? Will they scare you away? You know those type of questions."

"Baby, nothing will scare me away from you. I love you too much for that to happen. That's nothing to be stressing over. C'mon there's gotta be a deeper reason why you're stressing." He kissed and rubbed my hand.

"My father. I..... I don't know if he'll like you. He's pretty strict and over protective of me, he doesn't think any guy is really good or perfect for me. I don't want him to think lowly of you." I squeezed his hand.

"If the worse happens, we'll get through this babe. Okay?"

"Okay." He kissed my lips. "Now let's go see your parents." I smiled.

We went up to the door and my mother answered it, screaming.

"Hi, baby!" She hugged me tight and kissed me on the cheek. "I missed you!"

She looked up and saw Michael. "You brought Michael!" She grabbed his hand, closed the door behind him and embraced him tightly.

"Hello, Lex's mom. You look beautiful."

My mom blushed. "Thank you, Michael. You don't look bad yourself. I hope you guys are hungry, I'm getting ready to cook."

"Let me help you. I've been watching cooking shows....to learn how to cook." Michael put his hands in his pockets, shyly.

"Aw, Michael, baby you don't have to try and impress me. I already like you. But c'mon you can help me in the kitchen. Lex, baby I think you're father is around here....somewhere." She left, into the kitchen.

I went to go look for my father. I found him in my parent's bedroom, but n his laptop. I knocked on the door. "Hey, dad."

"Hey baby." He put his laptop down and gave me a tight hug.

"How you doing?" He looked down at me.

"I'm good. Mom's is in the kitchen cooking with Michael." My father scoffed.

"Michael's here?"

"Yeah. What's your problem?" I was confused.

"I don't like him. He's no good for you."

Oh, here we go again. I rolled my eyes. "Yes he is, daddy. He treats me like a princess."

He sighed. "Well, you don't need to be treated like a princess. You need to be treated like a queen."

We both heard a knock on the door.

"Excuse me, sir. But I do treat your daughter like a queen. Even more than that, actually. I treat her as if she was my everything.... she is my everything, sir." Michael kissed my hand. I blushed.

"Michael is always good to me. He may not be good enough to you, but he's more than good enough to me. He gives me the world, you have to let me pick my own battles. This is my life." I grabbed Michael's arm, to pull him close to me.

"Honey, I just want what's best for you."

"Michael is what's best for me, daddy. Ok? Do you trust me?" I was almost in tears.

"Of course, I do. How about me and Mike get to know each other over dinner?" Michael and my father made eye contact.

"I would like that, sir."

"Well dinner is already ready and I've set the table, with the help of Michael. So, everyone c'mon." My mom headed downstairs.

"Do me a favor Michael?"

"Yes?" Michael replied.

"Stop trying to impress us. You're practically family." They both laughed.

I was happy to see my dad and boyfriend finally getting along.