CHAPTER 2, PART ONE.

He called the first number on his list, Jordan Mior. The phone rang three times before she answered. Her voice was more mature, definitely, but still had that relaxing and bright tone he remembered so well.

"Hello? This is Jordy."

"Jordan? It's so good to hear your voice again." Aspen sighed, a smile spreading across his face despite the gravity of the situation.

"I'm sorry? Who is this?" Her tone shifted to confusion, and Aspen's smile faltered, though it didn't completely disappear.

"Aspen... Aspen Jenkin." He grew a little nervous, his heart pounding as he awaited her response.

"Oh... Oh my gosh, Aspen... It's been so long. I'm so sorry for moving back to NY. I wasn't thinking and I needed—"

"To get away from it?" Aspen's eyes wandered to his walls, covered in papers, newsletters, and photos of a clown. That stupid clown that haunted their past.

"Uh... Yeah."

"Jordan." His voice was steadier now, more urgent.

"Yes?"

"It left, but it's back." Aspen gulped, his grip on the phone tightening as he spoke. On the other end, Jordy shivered at the revelation.

"It—it's been 27 years..." She started to remember, her voice trailing off as the memories resurfaced, memories she had tried so hard to bury.

"Yes! Good! You remember!" Aspen stood, a flicker of hope igniting in his chest.

"We need you, Jords. Can I trust you to come back? Or do you have some big shot life in New York City?" Aspen jokingly scoffed and chuckled, trying to lighten the heavy mood.

"No, no... I'll be there..." She promised, her voice filled with determination. Then, before he could say another word, she hung up. Aspen stood there for a moment, the dial tone buzzing in his ear. He set the phone down and looked around his room again. The photos, the articles, all reminders of their shared nightmare. The clown's sinister smile seemed to mock him from every corner of the room.

Aspen took a deep breath, feeling a mixture of relief and anxiety. Jordy was coming back. She was the first call, the first step in facing their past. The others had to be contacted, and each call would bring its own mix of emotions. He steeled himself for the task ahead, knowing that they would need every bit of strength and courage they could muster to confront the evil that had returned to Derry.

He called the second number on his list, Damon Harris. The call didn't go through the first time, but Damon picked up on the second try.

"Hello? Is this the Harris residence?" Aspen spoke first, trying to mask his nerves.

"Uhm, yes it is. How can I help you?" A female voice answered, with a tone similar to Jordy's but not quite as high-pitched.

"Oh, sorry, is Damon there?" Aspen coughed, feeling awkward speaking to a stranger.

"Oh... uhm. He hasn't been around for a while now..." The woman sighed. 

"Who is this?" she asked, curiosity and a hint of sadness in her voice.

"Aspen Jenkin. I'm terribly sorry to hear about the loss... I'll hang up now." Aspen felt a heavy weight settle in his chest.

"No, wait! Aspen, it's me! Uhm... Damo..." Her voice slowed and became quieter as she said his name. Aspen was confused for a moment, then a realization dawned on him.

"Oh... Oh my gosh! You are uhm... You sound great!" Aspen smiled, feeling a mixture of surprise and joy.

"Thanks! People kind of call me Vinny now..." She smiled, her voice warm.