Chapter 55

Diya's pov :

The heavy rain was drenching me. I don't know where I was but it was familiar. Too familiar to ignore. I looked around and it had not changed a bit.. a straight road, surrounded by trees, one could see a small Hut at a distance but it was abandoned. With no one around, I panicked.

Cars and buses were passing by. The surrounding was visible due to the full moon which also felt the same as that day. Some heaviness settled in my heart as I looked at a small girl crying. She was just 5 and it was none other than me.

She was clinging onto her mom who was walking with a bag in her hand. She was pleading her mom not to leave but she held her little hand and was walking lifelessly.

"Please don't! I want both you and dad! I promise, I will score well in next exam.", the little girl was crying, her eyes were red and she was weak to walk another step but she did anyways.

"Can you do one help?", mom asked. The little girl nodded with hope shimmering in her eyes.

"Go back to daddy. You can't be happy with me.", she said breaking every inch of the little girl's heart.

"No, I want you too." She cried but mom did not pay attention.

Something inside my heart stirred when I saw the lorry coming towards both of them in high speed. I was breathing hard. The panic inside my heart didn't seem to wash away.

Lights flashed across towards them.

Mom noticed the lorry coming towards them. My breath hitched when I saw the lorry hit both of them and mom protecting the little girl in her embrace leaving her with minor injuries.

I screamed, holding my ears and wanted to go towards her but my feet froze.

The little girl, who was half conscious kept calling mom. But she lay there lifeless, blood oozing out of her head. Her beautiful face was bloody which made me cry in agony.

The little girl kept calling her but she didn't wake up at all. All of sudden, the girl's gaze fell at me as she walked towards me weakly with blood in several parts of her body.

"You killed my mother!", she screamed and I was taken aback.

"No.", I whispered, my eyes filled with tears.

"Yes you did!"

All of sudden, several voices started screaming that I killed her and my breath became unstable as I let out a sharp scream hoping that those voices would fade away.

"No!"

"Stop!"

My eyes opened suddenly as I felt Vijay hugging me and talking something which was inaudible for me at that moment. My mind was filled with those voices accusing me.

"It's okay. I got you.", he was caressing my back while hugging me and kissing my forehead.

"I—"

"It's alright.", his voice was somehow comforting.

It took me a moment to come out of that nightmare. When I realised it was just a dream, I let out a small sigh and laid on his chest.

"Let me get you some water.", when he was about to go, I held him.

"Stay please.", I don't know if my words were audible for him because it was more like a mumble.

"Okay, I'm with you. I'm not leaving."

He wiped my forehead which was full of sweat. My chest heaved thinking about that dream. It felt real. So fucking real! I thought I got stuck in that world for a moment that I forgot everything about me.