← The Wrong Target →

← ✧ →

Inside the school's gym at Beacon Hills High School, Liam was lifting weights while Mason was doing the same.

"You know how i keep reminding Garrett to give me back my hoodie?" Mason reminds.

Liam sighs out. "Yeah–––."

"Well, i remembered you saying that he lived in that housing development on Spaulding, so, i went there and guess what?"

Liam looks at Mason with a confused look.

"That housing is still in development!" Mason says in doubt.

Liam seemed so distracted about what had happened to him, that he was barely listening. "...so?"

"There are no houses yet, so unless this dude lives in some kind of backhoe, there's something he's not telling us." Mason says.

Mason noticed that Liam seemed like he wasn't listening him. "...and, you know–––there's this other dude, man, he's been acting real weird lately, running to school, disappearing at parties, he used to be my best friend..."

Liam laid on a bench. "Uh huh."

"...and he's on steroids." Mason stares at Liam in surprise as he saw him going to lift a heavy weight.

Liam stares at Mason in surprise. "What?"

"...you're not actually going to lift that, are you?" Mason hesitantly asks.

"Is it about the game tonight?" Mason concerningly asks.

Liam gripped onto the bar. "I'm fine, it's just a scrimmage."

"Is it about Evie?" Mason asks.

Liam glances at Mason, flicker of guilt appearing in his eyes, then it disappeared. "It's nothing."

"Not that she's nothing, i mean, she's not nothing, she's something-." Liam awkwardly rambles.

"Oh, please, you are so into her." Mason scoffs a laugh.

"Can you just let me concentrate?" Liam irritably asks.

"Liam...? This doesn't have to do with who you're playing against, right? I mean, obviously you might feel uncomfortable." Mason shrugs.

Liam hooked down the weight, him confusingly looking up at Mason. "Why would i feel uncomfortable? It's just another school."

"No, it isn't." Mason says in a serious tone.

Liam slowly sat up with a confused expression.

Mason sighs out. "It's your old school, Devenford Prep."

                         ← ✧ →

"Where's my stick? Where the hell is it?" Liam frantically looks around.

Derek was behind Liam, him breaking a stick in half with a smirk. "Is this yours?"

Liam turns around, him lowly sneering, eyes glowing a bright golden color.

"Liam." Scott calmly says.

"This one is yours." Scott handed him his stick.

Liam calmly breaths out, holding onto his stick.

"Go to class, Liam." Scott says.

Liam obeyed Scott, Derek smiling at the McCall, who confusingly looked at him.

"Hey, Evie." Liam awkwardly smiles at her, as he had caught up with her in the halls.

Evie grins, her looking at his leg that seemed to be healed. "Well, you healed nicely."