Surprise?! (Pt. 2)

Can you guys start commenting more? Thanks if y'all do...

(She is basically you in the story)

-

"August, what are you doing here?" She asked in a worried tone. He couldn't say why did it matter, because she probably was concerned that he found out her address without her giving it to him and she seem confused.

"Can I come in?" He replied, raising his eyebrow. She hesitantly moved to the side, welcoming August inside. He took a quick glance around, noticing she had pictures of a little boy around her house. He took a seat on her couch.

"You want some coffee?" She muttered, almost in an inaudible tone. No but what I want to do is get to know you, he thought. After a while he quickly shook that thought out of his head. August thought that sounded weird, him having a relationship with his professor. Even though they were the same age—he thought—it would still jeopardize her job.

"Nah, some water is fine." He replied, looking down at his phone. In a short period of time, she brought him back a glass with ice water inside and sat on the couch with him.

"So, if you don't mind me asking again why'd you show up here?" She asked again. August shrugged.

"Ion' know. I mean I wasn't even gone do this, but my friends kept begging me to. I cave under pressure." He told her. She nodded.

"Is it anything specific you want to ask me?" She felt as though she knew what he was going to ask her, but what he asked, caught her by surprise.

"Who's this lil' dude in these pictures?" He mumbled, analyzing one on the coffee table.

"That's my son, Dylan." You replied. "He's staying with his grandmother for the week." 

"Oh, where his dad at?" August looked at you, noticing that your lips began trembling. You looked down, covering your eyes with your hands.

"He left us, to raise a white woman's kids." Your voice began cracking. It was something you still weren't over, because you and Dylan's father were together since the 9th grade. You even tried to convince yourself that it was your fault, and to this day that's the excuse that you run with.

You felt August pull you in for a hug, as you wiped your tears away. You pulled away, looking at August.

"How old are you?" He asked you, you chuckled a little. That was the question you were waiting for.

"I'm only 20. I know your going to ask how did I get that job, but I graduated very early." You smiled a little.

"So a nigga is older than you." August smirked, and you nodded. 

"Yeah, but that would be kind of weird when you ask me that in class and I say, well I'm only 20. Because I'm damn near the same age as you and everyone in the class." You told him. He tucked your hair, behind your ear.

"I know it's like a sensitive topic, but how long was you and ole' dude together? And how did you find out?" 

You sighed, "We were together since ninth grade. That was the first serious boyfriend I had. But how I found out is last year, I came home with Dylan and everything was gone; furniture, utensils, the damn fridge. He took everything, while I was gone. I seen a note on the floor, and in the note it explained how he left me to take care of her kids, and how he no longer loved me. But I never understood what did I do to make him dislike me." You muttered. August looked at you and instantly got upset.

"That's fucked up. But you ain't do nothing, sometimes nigga's just don't realize what they have back at home. How much you wanna bet that he gone come back when he start missing you, 'cause ole' girl ain't giving him what y'all had. But gone be mad when you done moved on to the next. And you ain't do nothing wrong. Stop blaming yourself, 'cause if you were mine. I wouldn't let you go because you the perfect package that every nigga searchin' for, you got it all baby girl." August smiled.

Was this basically his way of confessing he had a crush on me? You thought.

"Thank you." You felt your cheeks heat up a little. Then what August did next, had you feeling some type of way. He placed his hand on your thigh, gripping it then looking into your eyes and kissing you. You didn't know why but August made you forget about Dylan's father. And to you, that was more of a surprise than anything else. Who knew August felt this way about you.