32. Bitter-sweet tale of two

Aera's pov

"Sunghoon....." a barely audible whisper escapes my lips looking at my best friend , my boyfriend... or once boyfriend now crying because of me.

"Leave aera , i dont want to see you" his voice cracked with every word , he was so close to crying infront of me. "Sunghoon please let's talk-"

"What is there left to talk about aera?" He finally faces me , his jaw clenching trying to suppress the building anger. "That you still love him , that he kissed you because he was drunk or because you kissed him back as well" a saw a tear slide down his left eye and onto the back of my hand gripping his arm.

"Sunghoon i never meant to-"

"You never meant to what aera , hurt me? Say that you still love him or that you just gave me false hopes-"

"PARK SUNGHOON!" i shout at him making him break out of the anger he was slowly venting now . He has the right to be angry but he needs to use his words wisely. "Snap out of the false image building in your mind and listen to me , i never gave you false hopes , never would i ever do that"

"And you know it better than anyone else hoon" i try to speak in a more calmer tone not wanting to aggravate this situation. He doesnt say anything and keeps staring at me. " i knew you liked me very well but when you confessed it was hard to believe since it was unexpected knowing how i love jake"

"You still wanted to give it a try or more like had hoped that we could work out and just for once....." i pause taking a deep breath " just for once i wanted to feel loved and give it a chance too that we can work out that we are worthy of each other" i stare into his glossy eyes as another tear falls from them. I wipe it away with my thumb , smiling a little since he finally calmed down.

"Sunghoon please believe me that-"

*BANG*

A bullet is fired out of no where hitting the wall beside us. But the gun didn't make a sound at all. "AERA DUCK!" He pushes me aside making both of us fall on the hard ground when another bullet is shot. From far i can see 2 SUV's and 3 bikes accelerating coming straight our way.

Sh*t

"RUN!" I grab his arm , both of us getting up and running to the end of the street. "Who the f**k is that now- dont tell me it' sim again!" Sunghoon glances back for a sec before looking ahead. "The f**k it could only be him.... Or yeonjun" i yell back dreading now the situation is getting worse than before , continuous firing making us stumble and duck every second. It's quite dark , hard to see ,missing their target but we can't take risks.

"You can run all you want aera but you can never hide" i hear a sinister cackle , someone yelling at me ....... Yeonjun.

We're close to the intersection market of the town , i see an empty alley , to be specific alley that could lead us to the opposite side of the intersection. I look behind to check ..... and f**k they're so close now. "Sunghoon turn right!"

He doesnt understand at first so instead i grab his arm and turn right into the Alley , running with him until we get to the other end but.... Sunghoon grabs my wrist , climbing the ladder placed at the back of the store. He kicks the ladder causing it to fall and takes me into a very small storage room which is empty and surprisingly unlocked before he locks it. "What the he-" he covers my mouth shushing me and we both attentively listen , if someone followed us or not.