44.

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR.
HUNGARY.

"Who's it?" Charles asked when the doorbell of his room ran.

"Room service, sir." Charles relaxed his shoulders and went to open his door up. His eyes widened when he saw Max standing beside the room service man.

"Thank you, sir." Max thanked the staff and walked into Charles' room without asking for permission.

"What do you think you're doing?" Charles asked, turning to him in confusion.

"Just close the door and come in, Charles. We have some catching up to do." Max shouted from inside.

Charles huffed but closed the door and followed him into the living room. "I'm not in the mood for gossiping, Max."

"I know. I'm not here for gossiping." Max shrugged his shoulders.

"Then what are you here for?" Charles asked, sitting on the couch.

"I just want to know why you're not with Riyah despite being head over heels for her." Max leaned on the couch, giving him a pointed look.

"That's none of your concern." Charles looked away.

"Oh, but it is. As a really close friend of both of you, it's my duty to help you out with your issues. Now, spill."

Charles thought of his words and took a while to respond. He sighed when he knew he actually needed help, and who other than Max would be perfect for it? Charles sighed before telling him everything that happened at you-know-who's house and his plan.

Max took a notice of how many ice cream tubs that littered the room while Charles was explaining.

"You're really going to do that?" Max asked, in shock after hearing the plan his friend had.

"Yes, it's the only way. I just have to make sure it's all settled before going back to her." Charles smiled a little at the thought of going back to his love. He couldn't wait till everything was sorted, there was only a bit left.

"You've really fallen hard, huh?" Charles shyly smiled, his dimples in full display. Then, the two continued talking about the plan completely forgetting about their race the next day.

•••

DUBAI.

"Why didn't you tell me all this sooner?!" Sneha scolded Dariyah after hearing the events of what happened that day.

"I couldn't. It was hard to accept. I thought he'd come back in a day but he didn't and I just..." Dariyah sighed, kicking the stones that were laying on the pavement as they walked along the park.

"I'm going to kick his ass. I swear—"

"You're going to do nothing. I understand his choice. It's better he's away from me. If not I'd have just caused him pain." Dariyah sternly interrupted.

"You're too kind for this world, Riyah. No wonder you get hurt a lot." Sneha scoffed in disbelief.

"Whatever." Dariyah rolled her eyes in offence.