03

Ken's POV

I woke to an excruciating pain in the head followed by throbbing which made me hiss a little as I slowly sit on my bed and look around the room I was in.

The room was all white with machines around me that I was connected in. I could tell there was someone looking after me the whole time I was out as there were numerous clothes scattered at the sofa placed near the door.

I slowly sat at the edge of the bed as I wore my slippers and tried to stand up. To my surprise, I could actually stand up.

For what I remember by how hard the impact was, I could've sworn to think that I won't be able to walk nor survive that hit. But, guess what? Here I am.

I walk slowly towards the door and attempted to open it but got stop by someone speaking outside my room.

I couldn't help but listen through the conversation as I heard a familiar voice.

It sound like....

"Hello? Yes, Auntie. I already ate breakfast. If Ken's already awake I'll go buy lunch for the both of us. Don't worry too much and just relax there, okay?"

"Lisa?" I uttered under my breath.

Hearing her voice, I look around the room once again and saw the sofa full of clothes, her clothes. There were no clothes of grandma around, it was all owned by Lisa.

'Did she took care of me all this time?' I thought to myself.

As the door opens revealing Lisa in her casual clothes with an orange in her left hand and her phone at the other. I diverted my attention towards her and saw her shock expression.

"Hey—oh..." I got cut off and was greeted by a tight hug from her.

I was still recovering and the effects of the impact was still felt so I hissed when she hugged my tight making her break the hug instantly and move away.

"I'm sorry.." she uttered a bit worried.

I weakly smiled at her and pat her head as I point at the orange she was still holding.

"Can you—peel some for me? You know, as a way of saying sorry." She instantly agreed and told me to sit down as she grabs a chair and sat at it beside my bed where I was seated.

"Ken? Don't do that again. The whole spacing out thing." She suddenly stated while looking serious peeling an orange for me.

"Sure."

"I'm serious Ken, what if I wasn't there to at least control it? You could've die!" She fought back making her point.

No wonder I'm still alive and why she has bandage on her right arm and left leg. Lisa tried to save me.

"Alright, if I promise to not space out again will your anger settle down?" I ask.

She looks at me in disbelief before agreeing and showing me her pinky fingers.

"Pinky promise?"

"Lisa—aren't we a little too old for pinky promise-"