29.Haldi

Getting up is for sure a task

Getting up is for sure a task. It feels like I am waking up with the weight of my future, though I am. I am getting married today. The one day I and raj have desperately been dreaming of.

The part that got me all giddy was when Aadhya had come up in the morning and asked if we are going to finally start living with her papa.

I now sit in front of the mirror in my yellow attire ready to play holi. I wasn't obviously talking about holi but haldi. I was just bickering if the haldi will leave a stain. Almost died a little when mahira said a 'yes' in a joking way.Felt like slapping her. Would I do it? Yes.

I heard two soft knocks on the door making me get a final look at myself and made my way to the door. Bhai must be there as he is supposed to take me to the small garden in the palace.

I opened the door and my eyes went wide in shock. Raj was here standing in his white kurta looking handsome as ever. with his clean shaven beard and perfect hair.

"Why are you here?"

"Abhi akhri baar apni mangeter ko dekh lu varna toh ab shadi ke madap par dekhunga"

(Let me see my fiancee for the last time, otherwise I will directly see her at the wedding hall)

"haan haan dekh lo" I said while walking out.

"arre arre mere panch hazar gaye hain isme"

(I just spent five thousand for this)

"kisme?"

(for what)

"tumse Milne ke liye"

(to meet you)

I flipped to his side with amusement and shock filling my body.

"kya bol rahe ho?sachhi?"

(what are you saying?really?)

"your broke best friend needs it, let it be"

I slapped his arm for his stupid remark. I know for a fact that mahira may act like she hates raj but inside her heart she knows I couldn't have found anyone better than him.

"I wanted to put red roses for the wedding in my hair specially for you but I feel someone has jinxed it because I can't find fresh red roses anywhere. Wherever I go they say the flowers are fresh but they look the most dried ones . isse acha phool hum hi uga lega"

(I can grown better flowers)

He laughed and hummed while listening to all I blabber.

We walked together hand in hand to the little garden. All guest were crowded near the two human sized petal bowls we had gotten fixed in the centre with the haldi kept in two gold bowls next to our human sized bowls.

Turmeric according to me is the god of spices in hinduism.People have been using it for decades for its medicinal and auspicious benefits. According to maa it is supposed to cleanse the skin and soul and ward off evil eyes.