Chapter 44

Sorry it has taken me so long to update, life has been completely crazy this past few days.

Caroline tells Klaus what happened and we see another moment between Elijah and Anastasia. I hope you guys like it 🥰

Caroline made her way to the mansion and sighed once she got inside. She handed her bags to one of the maids and made her way to the bedroom. She would need to talk to Klaus, but she wanted to think of a way to do it without having her husband go off the deep end. She knew that Klaus would be upset no matter what she said, but she wanted to make sure he would not go on a killing spree. While Klaus had calmed down a lot since they had met their children and started their relationship, she didn't delude herself into thinking he wasn't dangerous. She knew that her husband would bathe the city in blood if anything were to happen to her.

"I thought you would take longer." She jumped when Klaus appeared inside the room, not having heard him. He gave her an amused look. "Last time you and Rebekah went shopping I didn't see you for over six hours."

She stood up and wrapped her arms around his waist before laying her head on his chest. "Is not as much fun to shop alone."

He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head, she knew he could feel how tense she was. "Is something wrong, love?"

"I just want to be like this, just for a little while." She could tell he wanted to push her for more, but after a few seconds rested his chin on top of her head and just held her. She was thankful for his closeness. "I had an encounter with two witches, one of them was following me."

Klaus's body became absolutely still and she could feel him trying to get control of his temper. His voice was harsh. "What?"

"They thought they would kidnap me, tie my life to one of them, and force you to help them." Klaus's body started to shake with anger and Caroline held him tighter, waiting until he had calmed down a bit before opening her mouth again. "It wasn't my life they were going after, but our children's."

This time his hands went to her shoulders and he pushed her back a bit until he could see her face. "What are you trying to tell me?"

"I didn't want to say anything until I was completely sure, that's where I was most of the morning. I had a doctor's appointment to confirm that I was pregnant." She bit her lip and gave him a nervous look. "This is not how I wanted to tell you."

For a moment his angry expression melted away and he smiled at her. "You are pregnant with our children?"

She returned his smile. "Yes."

He laughed and picked her up, taking her mouth in a tender kiss. She kissed him back, enjoying their small happy moment, even if it wasn't the way she had wanted to tell him she was happy at how excited he seemed. She knew how much he wanted the children they had met, he wanted a family of their own and so did she.

He put her on the ground and broke the kiss, the look in his eyes becoming a bit harsher. "I'm going to kill them for what they did."

"No," She held his hand when he gave her an incredulous look, but she interrupted him before he could argue. "I took the leader's magic, she was the one who came up with the plan."

"You can't ask me to let this go."

"For now I am." He narrowed his eyes and she gave him a pleading look. "I need to find out what's wrong with this city, there is something off about it."