6th July

Albeit they were dejected by their loss against Rakuzan,Shutoku was determined to win the next time and practised accordingly. Takao remained depressed for a few days but soon returned to his usual self. Midorima chose to remain stoic as usual. The shooter-point gaurd duo had become extremely popular among the school's girls.
Midorima had never been interested in such things but today.....
He was returning to the class to get his text book back from Takao,who for some reason had stayed back.
He was about to walk in when he heard Naomi (a popular girl) talking "I...really like you Takao-kun"
Midorima stopped in shock. So that's why he stayed back.Then he heard Takao's voice
"Naomi-san, I don't know what to say....I'm really honoured...."
Midorima felt a cold feeling wash over him. Wait, was he feeling jealous? He'd never even talked to Naomi before,why-? Hold on , was he jealous of Naomi? Did he...did he like Takao?
When he thought back to his times with the raven haired boy honestly, he could almost hear his heart saying " Yes you like him, about time you noticed four eyes! "
Midorima's lips curled into a bitter smile-The first person who had broken through the walls he had built around himself had also managed to steal his heart and now (when he had barely realized this) was about to shatter it completely.
A cry startled him out of his thoughts. Naomi rushed out of the class in tears and when she saw him, she gave him a glare that rivalled Akashi Seijuro's .
Midorima walked into the class to see Takao sighing as he put away his books.
"Takao?"
"Ah!" Takao turned around,"Oh Shin-chan. Don't scare me like that. Wait, did you hear everything? "he asked suspiciously.
" Hear what?"Midorima said ( which wasn't a complete lie, he reasoned as he really hadn't heard most of it) "And why was Naomi crying?"
"Oh that" Takao said offhandedly " She confessed to me but I said no. Oh, here's your textbook. "
"Why? " Midorima asked as he took the textbook.
" Um....because.." Was Takao blushing? "because...I'm... I already like someone else."
" Oh"Why am I torturing myself? "I don't know how you rejected her but you didn't mention basketball as a reason, did you?"
"No" Takao looked puzzled, "I told her the truth-that I like...another person. Why do you ask? "
"She gave me quite the glare when she saw me." Midorima said thoughtfully.
Takao choked and fumbled, "We should..should get going" and before Midorima could say anything he fled the classroom.
"Oi Takao!" Midorima called after him but it was pointless. " This boy...." he sighed as he followed the other boy.