10. Push and Pull

Ki Seok's POV

I am fully in the mood to tease Seo Joon. I have the gift by Sung Mi in my hand. I have still not opened it; I intend to open it when I have drinks with him.

We both are now alone. Seo Joon removes a few cans of beer from the refrigerator. "Won't you help me carry these? I still need to take some snacks for us."

"Are we going to drink here?" I ask him.

"Do you expect me to carry you all the way upstairs if you get drunk like last time?"

"Don't worry, I won't get drunk today. I want to remain fully aware of what we talk about. I cannot trouble you all the time." I wink at Seo Joon.

"Well, then let's carry these upstairs."

We both head for the attic. We place the drinks and snacks on the table. I see Seo Joon has brought a bottle of soju with him.

I pat my hand on the low seating giving an indication to Seo Joon to sit there. He sits by my side maintaining some distance.

"Let's check what Sung Mi has given me. How thoughtful of her. She knows that gifts are a must on the last day of shoot. You did not even think of it." I make an annoyed face to tease him. I open the gift and it's the perfume I use. "Wow, she must have spent a lot to buy this. It is pretty expensive. She sure knows my likes. Do you want to try some?"

"That brat she spends so much for an actor she has just met and keeps counting money when it comes to gifting me something."

"Are you jealous that she gave me the gift? It is only because she is a fan. Fans go to great lengths to please the actors they like. Don't think too much about it. Let me spray some for you. Let's see how you smell when you put the perfume on."

I open the lid to spray it on him. He grabs my wrist. "What are you doing? I don't use such expensive stuff. And it is a gift for you."

"It's okay, like you said it is mine and I want you to try it once." I spray the perfume on him.

In a few seconds I can smell it on him. He smells wonderful. I move closer to him to smell him. I take a deep breath. He starts looking away.

"That smells good. Hmm."

Just then his hand moves behind, trying to maintain balance and knocks of an unopened beer can.

He shifts in his place, his voice is shaky, "Enough of your boasting. Let's drink now."

"Have you ever tried soju?" He raises his eyebrow.

"Of course I have. We have it all the time when we shoot. Well, not really, maybe just a couple of times." I say sheepishly.

"Then let's have it today. I will teach you how to drink it."

"Your actions seem suspicious. Do you want to take advantage of me when I get drunk." I tease him.

His ears turn red. "What do you take me for? What could I possibly do to you?" he hesitates.

"Okay! Let me give it a try. I will trust you to take care of me even when I am drunk." I put my hand on his; it feels so warm. I think I am falling for him. I hope I don't do anything stupid after getting drunk.

He just squeezes my palm. I feel blood rush on my face. I am feeling hot only with this small gesture of his.

"Okay let me pour you a drink. Make sure to eat the snacks." He fills up my glass. We clink our glasses and its bottoms up.

I look at his face. He is staring at a distance. I wonder what he keeps thinking.

"What do you think all the time?" I probe him.