Chapter 25: Through the veil

A/N It is obvious when you read it, but this is based on a few scenes in the Order of the Phoenix :)

Alsooo I didn't edit it too well hihihi  whoops-

-------------------

Taehyung was screaming.

They were all screaming.

The floor had completely disappeared and they were falling faster and faster by the second.

There was no way to see how far down they were falling. It seemed to keep going for ages until he could see the ground coming into sight. He held the prophecy close to his chest, as if that would help even a little bit from breaking it as soon as he crashed to the floor. The prophecy would probably be smashed to bits. They were all going to get smacked flat like pancakes. Oh god, they were going to d- 

Taehyung felt the air getting knocked out of his lungs by an invisible force stopping him barely a few inches from the floor. He heard all of them let out that same gasp of air.

And then the force released them, and they fell the last few inches to the floor.

Taehyung groaned, the pain in his arm spiking. He slowly rolled onto his side and got up, watching as the others were getting up as well. He looked around for Kkanji, since he had been right behind the little cat, and that's when he popped up from beside him, not saying a word as he jumped onto Taehyung's shoulder. He checked the misty orb in his hands, but it thankfully wasn't cracked. He let out a sigh of relief, before looking at the others. A wave of emotion washed over him.

"Ugh, my god, what- what was that?" Jin grunted, looking a little disoriented as he pushed himself off the floor.

"It was... I believe it was a spell. I've seen it before..." Namjoon mumbled. "It's a Slowing Charm. Slows the velocity of any object... even falling humans, apparently."

"Glad it was placed there," Geumjae said, being the first to get up and help the others back to their feet. "Would've been dead if it hadn't been there..."

Everyone went quiet and the guys seemed a little confused why, until they looked to their left and saw how Taehyung was staring at them with tears in his eyes. Jimin smiled knowingly, putting a hand on his best friend's shoulder.

"Y-You're all here..." Taehyung spoke softly, taking it all in. Kkanji nuzzled his face from where he was sitting on his shoulder, probably noticing he was getting a little overwhelmed and trying to calm him. Taehyung smiled at the cat, petting him back with a soft 'thank you, buddy'.

"Damn straight. We wouldn't let these two idiots go after you alone," Jin said, nodding at Jimin and Namjoon. He gave both of them a stern look. "You really were idiots, you know. Going for that portkey all by yourselves."

"There was no time to waste," Jimin said, to which Namjoon nodded. "And we knew you would join us later. There's no way you wouldn't find the bewitched task."

Taehyung had no clue what they were talking about, but he just listened as his friends talked.

Jungkook looked at Hoseok, Yoongi, and Geumjae. "Yeah, speaking of. How did you manage to join us? You were informing the teachers about everything, weren't you?"

Namjoon snorted. "No way. How are you even here? They never would've let you go!"

"Jae-hyung snuck us out. We weren't going to stay behind!" Hoseok exclaimed.

"Jae-hyung? Really? I thought you were all 'let the adults handle this' and 'you kids are stupid' all the time?" Namjoon chuckled as he looked at Yoongi's brother.