20

Morgan called me and asked if I would help her pack up her apartment

"I promise you don't have to move heavy things, I'll get the guys to do that. But maybe you'd help me pack boxes of stuff?" Morgan's voice was silky smooth. 

Truthfully she had me at the mention of 'the guys', since that probably meant Harry would be there. "Sure, I'll help you pack things. But I demand labelled boxes and a sorting system." 

Morgan laughed on the other end. "Of course you do. I'll let you be the boss of that." 

So by the end of the week I found myself getting out of an Uber outside the apartment building Morgan lived in. She had sent out a funny memo that everyone was expected to wear their best moving outfits, and she would make sure we were watered and fed. 

I had settled on a cropped, white tank top and wore short, denim dungarees on top. I braided my hair into dutch braids to keep it out of my face while working. Morgan almost squealed when she saw me. 

"Oh my God, you look so cute!" She exclaimed and Alli took over, complimenting my outfit. I thanked them while my ears were trained on the rest of the apartment, but it was quiet without the sound of a bunch of guys lifting heavy furniture. 

"I've emptied Morgan's kitchen cabinets, would you pack it in boxes while I continue with the bathroom?" Alli asked. She had a clipboard with a list of to-do's, which just made me feel even closer to her. She preferred to organise things like me. 

"Aye aye," I joked and started wrapping and packing things, making sure to add labels to the boxes, so they knew what they had where. Morgan's place was really nice. It was a modern apartment with an open planned layout. The kitchen and living room were open and the entrance to the place was just opposite from the kitchen. That meant I had the door within my view when the guys arrived. I caught myself looking up at the door every time there was a noise, half-expecting Harry to walk through the door. 

It had been a week since we kissed and he hadn't left my mind for many moments at a time since. I wasn't acting on my instinct, since things were pretty bad with Ethan, and I wasn't even sure if Harry was particularly interested in anything apart from a little fun every now and again. He hadn't contacted me either, so I was fairly certain he wasn't. Besides I was nothing like his usual type and he probably already spent time with someone more suitable for him. 

***

I had spoken to Ethan a couple of times on the phone, but we ended up fighting every time, so I hung up on him once and he hung up on me the other time with good reason. He had been calm and collected for once, but when he asked why we couldn't meet and talk, I told him I wasn't interested. That led to him asking the inevitable question: "Are you seeing someone else or something?" 

"No, not as such," I said and that set him off. 

"Yes you are, aren't you?! You've moved past me awfully quickly, Peyton. Or were you already sleeping with someone else while we were together?" He had this venomous tone to his voice when he said it. "Did you suffer so much waiting for me that you went out and fucked someone random?"