32

If it had been any other woman in my life, I would have made her beg for my forgiveness for choosing my brother over me

If it had been any other woman in my life, I would have made her beg for my forgiveness for choosing my brother over me. But this was Peyton. For some obscure reason forgiving her was easy. She had a rough couple of days with Ethan's crap, so the safety of Harry's arms was probably the best place for her. I let it slide when she called me and said she was tired and needed to go to sleep. If it hadn't been for the smacking sound of lips against skin in the background, I would possibly have bought it. But my brother was definitely enjoying her like a fruit platter.

Alli cuddled me and reminded me how she and I had been when we first started seeing each other. We basically never left my bedroom. Harry and Peyton were taking it slow, so they had only recently started having sex, which probably meant that their phase of going at it like rabbits was only just beginning. I had to be patient with them and if anything I should be supportive of them finding out what they wanted to be to each other.

I went upstairs for breakfast the next morning after I had sent Alli off to work. The penthouse was pretty quiet except for Liam quietly sipping a cup of tea. He nodded as a greeting and offered to make me a cup too.

"Thanks, I would love a cup of tea, actually." I patted his shoulder and sat down on a stool by the kitchen counter. "So have they not been up yet this morning?" I asked and gestured towards Harry's bedroom.

Liam shook his head. "Nope. Should we be worried about them?"

I chuckled. "Always. But no, I'm pretty sure I recall this phase and how little daylight I saw."

"You know, we were talking, Lou, Niall and I, about how much happier he seems. None of us have seen him like this since..." He grimaced, avoiding to mention Willow.

I nodded and sipped my tea. "He's really working on it. I just hope he doesn't dim her light on his way through that darkness."

"Whoa that was pretty dark, Morg," Liam chuckled and nudged my shoulder. I laughed along with him, but I stood by what I said. If he was using her as a way back to the surface, it would hurt me as well.

***

My phone woke me

My phone woke me. It was vibrating as it rang, almost dancing off the nightstand next to my side of the bed. I rolled out of Harry's arms and looked at the screen. 'Olsson NYPD' flashed on the screen and I quickly answered.