20.Waiting

One week later, I woke up in my own bed. And for the first time in that week-long period, I didn't throw up. Ever since the day Lori tricked me into eating "mushroom" pizza, I've had nasty food poisoning. I guess that's what you get when you overdose on serious hallucinogens.

  That aside, I'm a little happy to be home. Sure, it was great staying at Derick's, but a girl needs her alone time. After some time went by without any more trouble from gangsters, drug dealers, or kidnappers, Derick and Maxie gave us the O.K. to come back home to the Belvadere. I rubbed my head, fearfull of getting another splitting headache or barfing my guts out. The sunlight streamed through my window, golden rays shimmering on the white carpet.

  "Hey, Chlo. How are you feeling?" Damien asked softly, peeking his head into the ajar door to my room. I'm so incredibly glad we worked things out. After talking it over, Damien admitted to me the real reason he told Derick, my first real high school crush, to "stay the hell away from me".

  Long story short, Damien was under a very strong impression that JD was "in love with me". And, according to the "Bro Code", Damien wasn't allowed to do that to his friend. In reality, JD didn't love me at all- he just thought I had "sweet tits". Just my luck, eh?

  "I'm much better. I'm never doing shrooms again. Not that it was my decision, really, but you get what I mean." I said, smiling gladly. He sauntered in, closing the door behind him and sitting on the end of my bed.

  "Good, I don't feel like taking care of you anymore." he joked, grinning. He's been taking care of me day and night since I've been sick, bless his soul. I don't know what I'd do without him.

  "Too bad you love me so much!" I said, stretching and sticking out my tongue at him.

  "Why is that too bad?" he asked.

  "Because you'll do anything I say." I said, matter-of-fact.

  "That's not true, I'm not your bitch." he said defensively.

  "You kind of are." I stated bluntly.

  "So," he pretested, pouting and crossing his arms. "at least I make sure the mushrooms on my pizza aren't illegal."

  "Shuddup." I pouted. "You would have made the same mistake."

  "Maybe." he said.

  "So, how about you and Tiler?" I pried.

  "We're good," he said, nodding. "we could be better, but we're good."

  "How could you be better?" I asked, cocking my head to the side and sitting up more.

  "Well, its kind of awkward explaining it to you..." he started.

  "Damien, please," I scoffed. "we've been friends since middle school. I think we're past the point of 'awkwardness' already." I said, reaching for the glass of water Damien brought up with him.

  "Alright, well, we're not exactly..." he started, making weird hand gestures that I couldn't possible interpret.

  "Exactly what?" I asked, sipping the cold water.

  "We're not fucking, basically." he shrugged. I made a disgusted face, trying not to think about my two friends sharing intimate moments.

  "Is that all you guys care about?" I scoffed. "You know there's more to a relationship than sex."

  "I know, Chloe," he said, rolling his eyes. "but I'm a guy, I have certain needs." he informed. I made another "ewe" face. "Hey, its not like you would know. You and Derick Hector probably bang every night." he said enviously. Yeah, I wish. If we did, I wouldn't have these raging hormones, and I wouldn't have to lie about being a virgin.