Library Kisses & Shaking Heads

**************************

     As much as I didn't want to attend the bash tonight, I had to admit that I liked being the center of everyone's attention. I liked seeing that jealousy in Harley's eyes when she saw the lipstick marks. It burned my skin and fuels my arrogance. I was on top of the world tonight, and there was no competitor or anyone else that could bring me down.

     Quite theoretically speaking, the party was alive; as alive as it could ever be.  The Mess Hall has been set-up to perfection. Strobe lights danced from every corner of the room; lighting up the space green, red, blue and white. A fog machine made everything denser; it covered the ground and hung thickly in the air. The crowd was young, and most of those in attendance were Castiel's friends. Higher 'demons' collecting souls for Hades (Cas calls them soul stealers), demons that plague the earth with famine, drought, and awful things no one could get rid of. Measly mischevious gods that seemed to take interest in Harley. 

      They could probably smell the goodness seeping out of her every pore.

      It's time for Harley to carry out the plan.

      I slip off to the side, and out of sight. I want to be far away from them when Harley gets caught. Instead, I begin to look for Xavier in the crowd of people. I found him dancing in the center of the crowd, and he caught my hand, twirled me around. "Welcome to your first party, Princess."

      "I'm no Princess tonight." I winked at him, and I could see the eyes of his friends on us.

      We danced together for a few songs. My hips were pressed against his. His hands were pressed against my waist, and we moved to the beat of our own music. The fog envelops around us, like it did on the bridge and the strobe lights bounced off our features. If we weren't caught, his scent was all over me. That sweet honey scent I admired so much... His lips brush against my neck, and make me shiver. I didn't care who was watching. I wanted everyone to know that I was no one's Princess. I did not belong to Castiel and Xavier Reyes was mine

      "Come on," Xavier says. "I have to show you something. Someone."

      Xavier took my hand in his and he guides me towards the area of the kitchen. Nervousness builds in my chest. If I were alive, I swear that I would be able to hear my heart-beat in my ears. But I couldn't. Empty numbness of what once was. Guiding me to the side, he places a tropical looking drink in my hand, and scans an identification card to get into the kitchen. He slips me inside first, and he follows.

       And there she is.

      "Any requests?" She asks without glancing up.

      Servants are running around the kitchen to bring food out to the tables, and please the hungry guests (kitchen servants had to work tonight). 

       Anna looked almost exactly the same as when I had last seen her. Despite her auburn hair being pulled up, she had a bit of flour in it. She wore a tall white chef's hat. The hat was stained a little, and crooked. She wore almost entirely white. On her apron, the middle of it was stitched with her name in red letters. She licked a little frosting off her finger, decorating the cake below her and looked up. She drops the icing tube onto the floor, and stares at me a little with her mouth open. "By the gods," She said, not looking a day over seventeen. Her voice was still the same, and I had to remind myself that she was actually a few months older than me. She's twenty-three now. "Xavier." She said laughing. "Gods."

      Anna came over to embrace me, and I still hung close to Xavier and the door. He had taken the drink from me, sipping it casually as he watched our reunion. He licked a piece of icing off the cake, and Anna frowns -- scolding him as she leans away from him. "Xavier told me. I never would have thought -- what happened?"