Delicious AM Snack

The next afternoon, I found my way back to the hideout using the map given to me by Castiel. It was the only unmarked door, and I wondered how Jasmine got a key in the first place. But I didn't question it.

     I knocked on the door, and have a brief flashback off falling from the railing. Seeing Jasmine meant that I would see Xavier, too, and I felt a brief flash of excitement.

     'Secrets' began to burn on my ankle.

     The door creaked open, and the scene standing before me looked almost surreal. It looked like I was walking in on a horror scene. "Welcome to the dark side of hell, Caverly." Jasmine gestures around the room; jiggling the keys in her hand that once had been Castiel's. "Access granted."

     Jasmine looks almost beautiful in that Greek white dress. It seems to almost be blowing behind her with a fake type of wind. She gestures to the small door leading outside. "Shall we?"

     "Of course." I say bitterly.

     I crawl through the window first, and gasp a little. Xavier is standing on the ledge of the balcony, looking ashen faced and pale. Xavier's coat is tossed off to one side, and the first two buttons on his shirt have been undone. He's still wearing his white gloves. And I notice a thin tattooed word near his heart: murder. In red-hot letters that remind me of blood.

     Jasmine joins me. She looks from me to Xavier and smiles. "What is this?" I ask her. "What's going on?"

     "Just do what she says, Ariel." Xavier's voice trembled.

     I narrow my eyes at her. "What is it that you really want from me? Quit fooling around, Jasmine. Get Xavier down from the railing."

     Jasmine moves slowly to stand beside the rail, and leans casually back against it. She's standing beside Xavier, and he looks very nervous. I'm ready to run forward and catch him if I have to. He saved me. Will it be my turn to save him? "I came by to congratulate you on your elimination, Ariel, and I want you to know that you're now free to speak with each other in terms that I'm comfortable with, and that won't get any of us in trouble."

     "I told you after what happened that night I have no desire to speak with Ariel. Not now. Not ever."

     Jasmine rolls her eyes. "Okay. That's enough Drama King. Look, you two are this year's power couple. You've got yourselves into something you can't easily get out of." She looks from me to Xavier. "I'm giving you both something you want; in turn, you're helping me achieve what's got to be done. In order to stay in this competition, we've both got to do something... Drastic. You've got Xavier, and you can use that to your advantage until the end of the competition where you both can be true to each other."

     "Sorry, I don't want Castiel's sloppy seconds."

     Anger floods through my veins and threatened to reach the surface. So much anger that would make Xavier hang on for dear life. My eyes water and burn. "Nothing happened between us."

     "What makes you think I'll believe that? If I believe you, I won't trust you. I don't share my women. You may be in this competition, yes. But you don't have to jump into bed with him."

     "I didn't. He was giving me one of his shirts to sleep in. He needed company that night. He was feeling awful about himself. I couldn't leave him alone. It was like that same night I asked you to stay with me." I narrow my eyes. "And you didn't."

     "I get it: I didn't. But here's the point, hon. You should have stayed with me. If Castiel doesn't feel awful about himself, he'll never learn that he can't treat people like garbage."