Chapter 21

"do not stop moving!" I told Charlotte, I had a minotaur by the horn, its dark maroon hair and filthy brown eyes were covered in blood, my blood. It has slashed me with a battleaxe it has. Charlotte darted past us both, she was heading for a minotaur with dark blue fur, it was smaller than the one I was tussling with. I'm not worried we are on floor 19 and she has battled her way to this floor fighting every inch, tooth and nail. She picked up her pace unsheathing her sword and sliced the Minotaur's waist open and it yelled in pain. At the moment this prompted my my minotaur to try and look. Idiot, I took that moment to push its head to the floor and stamp a hole through it. I looked up as my Minotaur turned into a maroon crystal, Charlotte turned into a blue one, and the roar of several more Minotaur.

Charlotte looked and me and we nodded and ran, this whole dungeon looked like a cave, it stinks, it slippy and I never wanted to return. But suddenly we ran into a room that was white marble, perfectly square and clean.

"This is weird," I told Charlotte, she walked beside me and tried to catch her breath, the sound of the Minotaur had died down completely.

"Yes, you are right, this is not normal" Charlotte stopped dead, "Ronnie, do you see that on the door?"

"No what is it?" I wasn't paying attention to the door, I was keeping my head turned in case the Minotaur's turned up.

"They look like demon markings"

"What?"

"Yes, I think they are, they are very rare to see, especially in a dungeon and even more so in this dungeon since it's mainly used by royals, but I have no doubt these are demon markings".

"Are there such things as demons in this world?"

"Only in rumours, old stories, you know things your maid would tell you before you would go to sleep"

"I never had a maid" I forgot she is a princess, have been fighting back to back through this dungeon it was easy to forget.

"You should get one, they are lovely you have to treat them right and with respect and you'll have a friend for life"

"I'll take your word for it" I walked over to the door. If the Minotaur's were going to turn up they would have already maybe this room scared them away. "Yeah these markings are not holy are they" The door was large, I expected no less, the main doors that lead to safe spots always are but these markings are demonic, something from a demon book, I'm pretty sure these markings have been wrote in blood.

"I'm gonna open the door," I said confidently. "Step back" I ushered Charlotte out of the way, she was in a world of her own eying up the markings, but I wanted to kick the door as hard as I could open, they needed force to open them. And I have crystals in my boots let's do, this I got a good run-up and ran to boot it open.

"WAIT RONNIE DON'T!" it was too late my foot made a connection with the door, and time slowed down, my foot was pulled into the door and then stiffened up.

"Fool" I shivered I don't know where that came from, but that was the most terrifying voice I have ever heard in my laugh. My leg suddenly felt a violent force and I was sent hurtling backwards the last thing I remember was seeing Charlotte's outstretched hand.

Once again I am waking up after being knocked out in the dungeon. At least this time I haven't woken up in a barn, I am comfy, and my pain has all but gone. I opened my eyes. Where am I?

"Oh thank god" I sighed a giant sigh of relief. I am in my room, my beautiful posh room. I looked to the side of the bed and saw Charlotte with her head on the edge of my bed asleep. Her head slowly rose.

"I thought I heard you" she said sounding both worried and tired.

"What happened?" I crooked, she chuckled to herself before saying.

"Well, you kicked the door before I could tell you that the door had a spell on it".

"I should have guessed, the writing was on the door"

"Yes you should have, but after you did that the door opened up, and I dragged you into the safe space and got help from some adventures, and they helped me get you back home"

"Thank you, I mean it thank you" Charlotte had a tear drop down her face, and then reached out and grabbed my hand.

"No thank you, if it wasn't for you I would have died, I wouldn't have been able to get through the door, and Theo the traitor plan would have worked"

"Oh fuck me, yeah, I forgot about him, what happened does he know you got out, we must go to the palace, and report what that bellend has done!" I went to sit up and my body began to twitch.

"DOCTOR!" Charlotte yelled. 3 men in all white came running held me down and forced a drink that tasted like battery acid down my Throat. And my body began to calm down. I tried to sit up again slowly. Charlotte and the doctors looked worried. But I sat up, through pain and every cell in my body burning but I did it and I didn't say anything.

"I'm good".

"Please do not worry Ronnie," Charlotte said taking hold of my hand again. "Theo learned that we escaped the dungeon and he and his company went into hiding, the palace is trying to find them, and that happened a week ago, you have been asleep for a week. We have been doing what we can to stop the twitching.

"Young sir" the nearest doctor to me spoke, I only just noticed they had their mouths covered and their hair too. "May I ask a question, princess Charlotte informed us about the demon markings, and how you tried to open the door, did anything happen when you touched the door?" I felt Charlotte squeeze my hand. But worryingly I have seen each doctor grab something in their pockets I have seen armour-cladded hands grasp my bedroom door and the sound of heavy footsteps shuffle outside of the door. I better answer correctly here or I could be in trouble.

"What do you mean?" I asked, "I kicked a door and the spell sent me flying"

"No visions? No seeing something you find strange, no voices?"

"Just a blur before I hit the wall"

"I'm sorry to bother you young sir" The doctors turned to leave, the hands around my door let go and feet shuffled down the hallway.

Charlotte waited for the door to close and then she leant in and whispered, "I know you're lying I saw your Face when you kicked the door, you heard or saw something, I could see the horror on your face, but don't worry I will never betray you, I owe you my life, no get some sleep, you are going to need your rest, because my dad wants to see you" she lent over and kissed my forehead, smiled and left.