𝐖𝐞'𝐯𝐞 𝐆𝐨𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 - 𝟏𝟓

June 13, 2023 - Uconn Gym (9:30 a.m.)

It was Tuesday and it had been three days since Azzi and Paige's conversation about the blond's feelings. Everything was going smoothly. Paige had been treating Maria as an old friend, but from time to time, she had been given her some little signs. Maria still hadn't picked up on any, it was only a matter of time. 

The team was in the gym practicing some drills. Geno was making them work harder. The girls was practicing one on one defense and offense. The catch here, was that if the offense scored on their defense, the defense would run 3 laps around the court. Everyone was exhausted. Geno eventually decided to give them a water break. 

"Everybody take five minutes," Geno called. The girls rushed to get their water bottles and started gulping the water. They felt how the cold water ran through their dry throat. They were tasting heaven. 

Maria's Pov

"Why he making us work harder?," asked KK sitting down besides Maria. 

"I don't know," sighed Maria catching her breath, "Besides, it's only summer, I don't wanna imagine what practices are going to look like when the season starts."

"Nahh, imagine March," laughed KK. 

KK was by far my favorite freshman to hang around with. She was always making jokes and making people laugh. She was so easy going, I just loved her.

"Time's up," said Geno from the center of the court, "Hustle up." Everyone jogged up to the middle of the court, forming a circle. Looks like Geno has an announcement for us. 

"Many of you may not know," Geno started, "But, in August, the team will be going on a trip. We are going to Croatia to play against some of their teams."

"Oh my God! Are you serious?," screamed Nika. 

"Yes, I'm very serious," replied Geno with a smile on his face. He must've known that this destination would be very important for Nika. I heard that Nika's parents had trouble coming to the US to watch her daughter play, so I'm glad they would finally get a chance to see her play in their country with her new team. 

"As I was saying," continued Geno, "This trip will help the team gain more experience, and, for the new ones, to start adapting to the way this team plays. The male team will also come with us, as well, for the next few weeks, their coach and I suggested that it would be best, for both of the teams, to practice together. This will just be for some practices, not an everyday situation."

The girls all nodded. I haven't met any of the boys in the male team. There have been some things I've heard from the girls, like they being supportive towards them o some like that. 

"Alright, for the rest of practice I'm going to partner you up with someone, with that partner you will play against the other pairs.  The pair that wins the most games will be able to skip running suicides at the end of practice. The games will only be on half of the court. So, when the defense gets possession of the ball, you'll have to go outside of the three point mark to be able to attack the basket," said Geno. He started to divide everyone into pairs. Nika and KK. Caroline and Aubrey. Paige and Aaliyah. Ashlynn and Ice. Ayanna and Qadence. Ines and Amari. Azzi and me. Jana was the only that didn't play since she torn she Achilles, and would be out of the season as well.