3

Once the wedding dress was off, she changed into nightly robes while she waited for her prince. Ingrid took all her makeup off and was brushing out Maela's hair into loose curls. Once she was ready, she stared out the giant window to his room. She could see fireworks going off, as part of the celebration of the newlyweds. Maela's eyes started to water, as it was all a bit overwhelming. She wished her mother and father could've been here. She wished she could've seen how beautiful she looked. She went to lay in the lounge chair by the fireplace until her husband came to their bed.

What felt like hours had gone by, Maela was drifting in and out of sleep. The door finally opened, and Maela's eyes opened to see Aegon stumbling in, clearly drunk. She also noticed he had been soaking wet. She looked at him with more confusion than anger for making her wait so long.

"Ahh, my wife. Surprised you have waited up for me." He slurred.

"Why are you all wet?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"I was drinking with some lads who had attended the ceremony, and I had ventured to the Harbor and jumped in." He chuckled remembering the event.

As he begun to walk, he started to stumble and fell right on the floor. Maela sighed and punched the bridge of her nose as he lay there laughing to himself. She opened the door to their chambers, and kindly asked the guard to have a maid bring a bucket, some tonic, and some fresh blankets for the prince. Once the door was shut, she knelt down in front of him, and sighed.

"I do wish you'd lay off the drink." She huffed as she helped get him to his feet. For her being smaller than he was, she was very strong.

Once he was standing she made him take off his shoes and pants, while she helped with his shirt.

"You'll catch a cold if you don't get warmed up and dried off, my prince." She told him.

Once he was free of the cold and wet clothes, she grabbed the blanket off the bed and wrapped it around his body. As she was doing all these things, all Aegon could do was watch her. He kept thinking to himself, why was she doting to him so kindly? He kept her waiting all evening for him, and she's still being kind. Once she had him wrapped up, she walked him to where she was resting on the lounge chair. She grabbed a towel from the bath, and stood behind him to start drying off his hair. He leaned into her touch. His eyes were closed trying to savor it, as he could barely hold on to sobriety at the moment. By the time she was a done a few of her maids had came rushing in with the things she had requested. She had the bucket put by his side of the bed, the blanket laid upon the bed, and she had taken the tonic to Aegon.

"You may leave us." She told the maids.

They hesitated, because it was so obvious the prince needed some help, but Maela could it on her own.

"Now!" She told them more aggressively.

She sat next to her Prince and had him drink a few sips, before putting it next to his bed.

"Once you're warm, let's get you to bed." She told him as she went to sit next to him.

"Will you lie with me?" He asked her, almost sounding out of breath.

"I will lie with you, but there will be nothing more. I won't take advantage of your drunken state. You need rest, my prince." She told him as she rubbed his back.

They stayed there for a few moments, him staring into her eyes. She was being so kind. He felt horrible treating her so poorly. He felt so utterly stupid for not looking at her truly until recently. She was the most beautiful woman, and she was his. He couldn't wrap his head around how someone like him had been given someone like her.