10

Returning to Dragonstone didn't make Maela feel necessarily happy. It was no longer her home. She felt that after her and Aegon got close, wherever he was is her home. She landed before her mother, a smile upon her face. She hugged her mother, crying as she was held. She missed her dearly. That was the only thing she really missed about being away, seeing her mother.

"So what brings you, my little dragon?" She asked as they walked inside.

"Mother, I am with-child. I found out a few weeks ago." She informed her.

"I'm to be a grandmother? How extraordinary." She smiled.

"Yes. Rather exciting." She said as they sat down in a seating area.

"How did Aegon take the news?" She asked.

"Well I kept it from him until yesterday. He was angry with me I didn't tell him originally and sent him away for the two weeks I was ill. I hadn't seen him since." She said sadly.

"Does he want to be a father?" She asked.

"I don't know, mother. It frightens me he won't be. When he found out I had been keeping this from him, he was so hurt by my actions." She shed a tear.

"I regret to say that I am not at all surprised by that." Rhaenyra said.

"I love him, mother. I tried so hard to make peace, and I fear I have ruined it all." She cried.

"Why are you afraid, my darling?" Rhaenyra rubbed her back.

"From what happened to Grandmother and Laena. I do not wish to meet the same fate." She looked into her mother's eyes.

"With my soul, I believe you will have a healthy birth. You will have strong boys and girls when the times to come." Rhaenyra assured her.

"But what of Aegon, mother? I don't know how to fix this." She cried.

"Stay here for a few days. Clear your head. Then head home to King's Landing to talk to your husband." She suggested. Maela nodded. She knew it was a good thing to stay for a bit. She hugged her mother and left to go freshen up.

Maela stayed on Dragonstone for almost a week. Finally getting to spend some time with her brothers. She left at dawn the day she was returning to King's Landing. She was anxious of her arrival. Ingrid had helped her put on her dress. Maela had already started showing the smallest of bumps. She rubbed her hand over it, a smile forming on her face. Their flight on dragonback was long and now tiresome.

As she was within an hour from King's Landing, it had begun to rain heavily. By the time they landed at the Dragonpit, Maela had been soaked. They rushed her off her dragon, ushering her and Ingrid into a carriage.

"I think we might run you a lukewarm bath when we return to your quarters." Ingrid suggested.

"I'd quite like that." Maela laughed.

Her long Targaryen hair was dripping at how wet it was. Her clothes had stuck to her body, making it near impossible to move. The rain beat down on the carriage. As wet as she was, she was content. She loved the feeling of water on her skin. She felt the a phoenix, but instead rising from ash, she rose from water. She climbed out for the carriage, and was ushered inside by Kingsguards. Her sworn protector, Ser Gerald, had been waiting for her.

"My lady. How good it is to see you made a safe return." He bowed to her.

"Thank you Ser Gerald. As it is already passed supper, I shall return to my quarters for the night." She informed him.

"Of course, Your Highness." He replied and began to walk into the Red Keep.

"I wish for Ingrid to freshen up before she comes to run me a bath for the evening." She told him so he could direct her on where to go.