7

Weeks went by...Aegon and Maela were in newly wedded bliss. Maela had a majority of her things moved to his quarters, and they'd be spending as much free time as they could together. Maela's courses were due anytime now, so she was taking her precautions.

She woke to ocean air blowing through the archway, the sun shining bright in the sky. She got out of the bed, walking towards one of her wardrobes, grabbing a robe and throwing it on. She grabbed a book off one of the tables, and sat in the window that overlooked Blackwater Bay. The fresh air blew gently in her face from the open window near her. She loved that this is how a majority of her mornings had gone.

"If I didn't know it was you, I'd think you were one of the gods. Your beauty is like no other." Aegon said as he looked at her from the bed.

"You're so cliché, my love." She chuckled as she put her book down.

"Yes, but who am I to not brag that I have the most beautiful woman of the Seven Kingdoms. I am Aegon Targaryen...all I do is brag." He chuckled and pulled her into a kiss.

She loved the way he kissed her. There was something about his kiss that made something ignite like a flame every single time.

"What do you have planned today, my dear?" She asked as she'd rubbed his cheek.

"Training. Then I must attend the small council with father. I don't know how long that will take, given father's health." He told her.

"How is grandsire?" She asked.

"Hell if I know. I barely see him as is." He told her blankly.

"Well I was going to take Letha out today, to spread her wings. Do you want to take Sunfyre out and join me?" She asked.

He thought about it for a moment.

"I will meet you at the gate of the Red Keep after the small council." He smiled and kissed her.

Shortly after they got ready, they both set off to meet their respective parts of the castle. Maela answered Helaena always met up under the same yellow flowered tree to spend time together before lunch. Helaena was growing restless as her pregnancy went along. Maela thought it wonderful if their children were born within the year of each other...that way they could grow up the way Helaena and Maela wished they had. They were the sisters they never got to have.

"Are you afraid to become a mother, Hel?" Maela asked.

"At first I was. Not so much now. I'm more nervous for the birth than anything." She stated.

"I'm sure the Grand Maester will make it as smooth as possible for a healthy babe and an easy birth." Maela told her.

"Are you afraid to become a mother, Mae?" Helaena asked.

"Truth be known...I'm terrified. After what happened with my grandmother and watch my mother go through three births...it looks quite horrible." She chuckled lightly.

Her other fear is that Aegon wouldn't be a present father or he would leave her to do it all on her own. She also hopes her grandfather's sentiments haven't changed, so that way she won't have to worry about her children being heirs to the throne. She'd be very content if her and Aegon could just live a life in solace with however many children they have. If her mother inherited the throne, then Jace and his children can keep the line going. Maela would never have to worry.

"How are you and brother doing?" Helaena asked.

"Very well. It is crazy to think how fast someone can fall for another." She chuckled thinking about her husband.