CHAPTER 7

Ashley's POV

After school I told Alex that I'm going to meet the other two of my mates and come clean on this matter with them and he nodded at me. He went with Sam and Mason. Alex has started dropping Mason since he always comes to meet me and now they do it on a regular basis. I'm glad their relationship got to the next level.

"Are we ready to go?" Xavier asked as he turned on his bike and waited for me and Ryker.

I nodded and started my bike and we drove off with Daniel behind us in his car. They showed me the way to their pack. The surroundings were beautiful.

The midnight pack is deeper into the dense forest, a town of its own. We went through it to a more secluded place where there were more trees and a big house on a side of the pack. They turned to it and stopped at the driveway. I sighed as I removed my helmet and got off the bike.

Suddenly I felt nervous. I gulped it and looked at them.

"You didn't tell them, right?" I asked.

"No, we didn't. "

"good. "

"Damian's in office with our beta and Hunter's in the woods, patrolling around the boundary. " Xavier said and pulled me with him into the house. Ever since he heard my confession he's been clingy, Ryker was cool about it and behaved normally whereas Daniel was careful about everything.

"I'll tell George to leave. " Daniel said to Ryker and he nodded.

"okay let's do this. " I said with full confidence but inside I was shaking nervously.

Xavier walked me through the house and led me to their office. Ryker held my other hand and walked with me as Daniel just walked in front of us excitedly. I wonder if Damian and him too had a bond like me and Alex.

As we got closer to the office I could feel Damian's aura, he was alone. The house smells just like them and it's making me a little dizzy.

Daniel knocked on the door and pushed me in front of it. I heard shuffling behind the door as if someone was rushing around and just as the door opened, I saw Damian looking at me with wide eyes, he had a longing look in his eyes and I knew what he was feeling and felt all this time.

Emptiness.

That was enough for me to forget my resolve and I reached out to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. Damian hugged me back and hid his face in my shoulder. I sighed in relief and this feeling was something I couldn't define. I was happy to the extent that I can't explain. 

Happiness was overflowing in my heart as I tightened my arms around him. He let go after a while and looked at me in confusion and curiosity and then at Daniel.

"She's really here, right?" he asked in disbelief making another chuckle at him.

"Believe it. It's true and not a dream." Daniel said. Damian hugged me once again.

"I'm sorry Damian. And I'm sorry everyone, I made you wait for me. I was confused and overwhelmed. " I said giving them an apologetic look and they whined, coming a little closer and reassuring me.

"wait till Hunter gets home. He'll be so thrilled to see you. " Damian says as he looked at me hopefully and I nodded with a happy smile. "I want a hug too. " Daniel said making me chuckle as I pulled him into a hug.

"we are here as well you know?" Xavier said reminding me of him and Ryker. I just chuckled and pulled them to me, my arms are not long enough and since I was the shorter one tiniest of them, they just ended up hugging me.