💔RIN x F!READER🌺

GENRE: 💔angst/comfort🌺
PLOT: Your relationship with Rin is getting really hard. However..Upon seeing you in the hospital, something in him finally changes. At the end, he actually debates whether he deserves your forgiveness or not..
⚠️TW: surgery mentioned.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You always thought that Rin was the one for you, that you finally found your soulmate and you never had to search for love again.
Though recently, that truth started to slowly fade away, it became more of a doubt, and that doubt turned into fear..

Rin told you from the start what you were getting into, how football was his dream and his priority. And you accepted that.
However, when he decided to be your bf, you expected it to at least look like a relationship...but Rin didn't give you any time.
You two rarely went on dates, spent quality time together or had deep conversations.
It felt like a long distance relationship, even though the person was physically near you.
You waited and waited for him to acknowledge you more.
Meanwhile, you watched him being there for all those crazy fans. Actually Rin wasn't that affectionate with them, he stayed respectful in any shape and form. But they were still getting way more of his time, more than you were.
When you noticed he wasn't changing, you took the matter into your own hands.

You two had a shared apartment, he HAD to come back home at least to sleep.
So you took it as an opportunity to talk.
You tried and tried to explain your feelings to him.
But he always had excuses like "I'm tired, I wanna sleep now." or "We can talk another time about this."
You weren't gonna give up that easily though.

"Rin, I do KNOW you're tired, you're never home, of course you are tired at freaking midnight!!" You spat out annoyed, as he didn't want to listen.
You expected him to get mad at you anyways, but at least he'll listen to you now.
"Excuse me? I work my ass off during my training, all day."
"Cause it's your fucking dream, I didn't tell you to!! I know that's your passion, I'm not here to talk about that-"
"If you know why are you even bothering me. I told you from the start what you were getting yourself-"
"-into. Yes. I know. However, I signed to be your fucking girlfriend, not a random girl you sleep next to. What am I? A maid or a fucking whore? Surely not your girlfriend." You voiced out all your thoughts.
"You're overreacting. I can't give you all my time. You know that." He STILL wasn't acknowledging your feelings.
Why? Why was it so hard for him to see how hurt you were?
"I don't want all your time okay?! I don't want that!! I just..All I'm asking you is for some love, some attention and JUST some time..out of 24 hours you can't even give me 2 or 3?" You had tears streaming down your face.
Your state made something click in him.

How could he forget? How could he forget he had someone he dearly loved at home? He started taking your company for granted. Rin always saw you there, waiting for him with open arms. He ignored the fact that you craved that same treatment too.

In that moment an idea popped into his head. He really wanted to surprise you. You deserved that and more after all.
"Rin? Are you listening.." You asked, trying to ignore your wet cheeks.
The man got closer to you, his thumb getting rid of those tears.
"Okay, I'll change. Now let's go to sleep" As he took your hand and guided you towards your shared bedroom, you felt a sense of disappointment growing into you. You expected more than that. Again.

Just like you thought, nothing changed. The following week everything stayed the same, if not worse.
Day by day, you could feel your stress getting heavier and heavier.
You often vented to your mother and best friends.
You even started thinking Rin was cheating on you. That would explain why he began to come home even later than usual.
Just the thought of breaking up with him was making you sick.
You started preparing for it.
In your head, you thought how you would have to find another apartment, have a new schedule and get used to an empty apartment.
You were already stressed enough about your relationship.
This week was the last straw. The last hit before your body couldn't take it.