|THIRTY-EIGHT|

Ah'Moni's
POV:

The look of sadness filled her hazel green eyes. The eyes I fell in love with, the eyes I'll never forget. The eyes that tricked me over and over again. I held her face in my hand and I watched her close those eyes.

"Thank you"

I kissed her softly and held her close to me. I could feel her arms firmly closing around me. Her body was still as a rock for a second until I felt it in her voice. The tremble.

"Will you come back?"

I held her closer and kissed the side of her face. I didn't answer her question because we both knew the answer already. "Baby you have to come, come back I can't Live without you" her words burned inside of what was left of what I thought could be my soul. Something I'm trying to forget.

I opened the car door and tossed two duffle bags in the back. I watched her as I drove off and down the driveway into the dirt road.

The ride was long but I liked it. I had a lot of time to think about what I wanted to say to Ophiela when I see her. How I wanted to apologize for leaving her. I wonder if she would even trust me again.

I pulled up to the huge mansion and opened the already unlocked door. This doesn't feel right, the once wide and beautiful windows that helped the sun greet my face every morning and the moon kiss my cheek goodnight, was now boarded up with rusty old nails and old dry wood. The tables that once held beautiful valuable statues are now smashed to pieces alongside the broken silk red couch.

I made my way through the house, every inch of it destroyed. "What happened here?" The front door closed and that made me run downstairs praying it was Ophelia, and it was.

"What are you doing here stardust?"

"I promised you I wouldn't leave. And I'm keeping that promise."

She gave me a look of disgust but it quickly faded and her demonic eyes went soft. The same softness Aina gave me whenever we would argue and she knew she was wrong. But this wasn't her fault, no it's mine. I knew what Aina was and I chose to stay. I feel like this would always have been my fate.

"If you're here to kill me stardust.."

"I need to know Ophelia. Why did you do it? Why turn me into this thing?"

VOTE🏳️‍🌈