|TWELVE|

Her:

                       Ah'moni's
                            POV:

|TWELVE|

I've never felt so depressed in my life. Here I am laying on my bed listening to love songs for most of the day. I finally got up to take a shower. It took me a while to even gain the strength to sit up. What if, this whole time, Aina was just using me for sex? And my gullible ass was too blind to see it. I dragged myself over to the bedroom door to open it. It flung open and Indica was standing on the other side.

A few hours after I took a shower
indica and I were watching movies. She'd try and bring up Ania in conversation but I quickly changed the subject. I didn't want to talk about it, it wouldn't change anything.

It was Monday and I had school, great. I really didn't care about how I was dressed. Everyone was complimenting my outfit, I felt like it was all lies. I had on black skinny ripped jeans with burgundy vans and a black shirt with my army jacket and my black nike book bag. My hair was up in a messy bun and my cut was fresh.

After the 6th period it was lunchtime. I didn't go, I waited for Indica and we went to the park for lunch. "so is it really over between you two? Like I know y'all had problems but y'all was lowkey cute" exactly, it was low key. "yeah I know, but she ain't ready to come out and I'm not willing to be a secret."

After school, I decided to walk home. It was raining and my vans were getting fucked up, "man what the fuck!" I screamed out loud to the sky. These new shoe nigga.

When I usually walk home by myself I take a shortcut through this alleyway, it was dark and smelled like ass. I held my shirt up to my nose and started walking fast. I was walking close to the dumpster when I saw a man laying down behind it with a woman on top. I didn't say anything, maybe they Fuckin, ain't my business. When I got closer I heard growls. What the fuck? I quickly walked past them practically running.

Don't look back, I repeated in my head. Don't look back. "hey" a voice yelled behind me. The hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I turned around to see what she wanted, a dumb move. Her eyes were blood red and her mouth was full of flesh, the man's flesh. She got down on all fours and started chasing me. Bitch what the fuck? It ain't take me too long to drop my heavy-ass book bag and hall ass.

I used to run track before I took up basketball. I cut a few corners and was right around the corner from my house. I looked back to see her right behind me. When I turned the corner again I bumped into something hard.

We both fell to the ground, great now my clothes are ruined. They helped me up and I wiped my face off. "Ah'moni, you good?" I looked up and my heart sank. It was Aina,  I've never been so happy to see anyone in my life. I couldn't catch my breath to respond to her. "what were you running for? Is someone chasing you?" she pulled out her gun and checked to see if it was loaded. I pulled her arm in the other direction.
"We- have to run!" I managed to say to her before running with her hand in mines.

"From what? I'm not scared of no nigga, take me to them now." I refused but she wouldn't move so I finally lead her back to the dumpster where I saw the lady and the man first. "Ah'moni, ain't nothing here?" I looked behind the dumpster and she was right. There wasn't anything. Not even a trail of blood. "no-no! It was a dead man on the ground with his stomach ripped open and-and a lady was eating him!" she looked at me like I was crazy. "don't look at me like that! I know what I saw! She had red glowing eyes and she ran after me on all fours like a-a dog!"

I can tell by the look on her face she didn't believe me. "ok, okay it's okay let's go. You need to dry off. Let's get you home and-"

" I am not going home, what if it knows where I live? Can you take me to Indica's?"

" well if someone was chasing you, it's more likely they'll know where she lives too. You can just come back with me ok?"

I hesitated, why should I trust her? Why was she even around here? But I didn't have a choice, I was too scared to go home. "ok"

She opened her door to let me inside and closed it behind her, "lock it!" I yelled. She did. "okay so I'm going to give you something to put on while your clothes dry, aight?"

It's been a few days since my last encounter with the red-eyed demon, that's what I'm calling fashion.

Aina ain't been back to check up on me since it happened. She had to leave for 'work' yeah I bet. I laid down and went through her drawer next to the bed. Not surprised to see weed bags and gun shells. The drawer had a strong smell that made me lightheaded.

I closed it back laid down. The fumes gave me a headache, what type of shit is that. After a while, I fell asleep.

I was in the woods. The trees hung over me covering the light of the moon.
"uh- hello?"

"RUN!"

I turned around to see hundreds of red eyes piercing in the darkness. I turned around and started to run. With every step, I felt my feet getting heavier. I was sinking into the mud. no matter how hard I struggled to run I was waist-deep In the ground screaming for help. A pair of hands pulled me deep into the mud I felt it in my mouth, ears, and nose.

I jumped up out of my sleep. my heart was pounding. My phone was ringing, I grabbed it to see what it was,

6 missed calls

It was Aina calling me. I was about to call her back when a deep voice growled at me "don't!"
I looked over at the door to see a dark figure of a man standing tall. He smiled hard but had no teeth. He whispered "she's coming!" over and over again. And ran towards me.

I woke up screaming to find myself in Aina's bed. Her little sister was at the door smiling at me and ran back to her room.

I grabbed my phone and called Indica, I explained why I wasn't in school and what happened after school on Monday, I even told her about my dream. "girl you smoking that shit?" she laughed at me. I was ready to hang up on her, I'm in no mood to laugh. "bitch listen, I'm not lying I swear!"

"Okay let's say all of this is true, and that you can somehow see things that aren't there but are" she snickered.
"Maybe you're psychic or something" she burst out laughing, I had just about enough and hung up the phone.

Then I remembered what happened when I was in the hospital, I had a dream about a red-eyed lady telling me I had a gift, what did she mean by gift?

Vote