Chapter 41 - Settee boy

"Yo boys, this is Amelia." Vinnie said to the two older looking boys on the settee, they were playing on a game console.

"Hi." One said without looking up. The other one did the same.

"Sorry for them." Vinnie smiled. "Do you want anything to drink?"

"Yes, water please." I smiled back.

"Do you want to stay here, or come to the kitchen?" He asked, probably concerned that the others are weird.

"I'll follow you." I said slowly.

I suddenly felt something or someone staring at me. I turned my head, and the boys on the settee were staring at me creepily. I turned to Vinnie again and saw he had walked through the door, I rushed after him.

"Water, right?" He asked once I had caught up.

"Yes, please." I smiled.

"You don't have to be so polite." He chuckled as he got a glass out.

I turned red at his comment and looked at the ground. He noticed.

"I didn't mean to insult you."

I nodded my head slowly, still looking at the ground.

"Sis, stop being yourself." I heard Alexa behind me. "Live a little." She sighed.

"I'll do whatever I want to do." I answered. "And right now, I want to go to school." I turned around and glared at her.

"Nerd." She laughed.

I walked away from her, into the hall. I was just about to open the door when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"I wouldn't go out there alone." I heard a voice behind me.

I turned around, before me stood one of the boys from the settee. He had dark blue eyes, they were like a storm.

"Why not?" I asked with an annoyed voice.

"Because, if you hadn't noticed, it's a bad neighborhood. You'll get eaten alive." He said with a serious tone.

"Could be, but I want to get to school." I said lifting his hand, which was still on my shoulder, off.

"Let me walk you then." He smiled.

"No." I said bluntly. "I don't know you, you could be just as bad."

"True, but I'm not." His smile flickered, but stayed.

"I'm gonna go." I said turning to the door.

"No, you aren't." He said pulling me towards him, away from the door.

I glared up at him, he had be in a slight hug. Against a damn hard chest. He let me go, looking apologetically.

"Let me leave, will you." I said near to shouting.

"Do you even know the way?" He asked as his brow shot up.

"No, but I'll find a way." I gritted through my teeth.

"Just let me walk you." He said chuckling.

"Fine." I said opening the door.

★★★★★★★★★★★★ ★★★★★★★★★★★★

"We're out of the neighborhood, I know the way now." I said trying to get him to stop following me.

"I'm walking you, I told you that." He chuckled quietly at how annoyed I was.

We walked to school in silence. He tried striking a conversation, but I kept ignoring him.

"Now, leave." I said annoyed.