|46| The little devil

After about three very long hours watching Gianna from afar without any excuse to get closer to her she finally got up and came to find me

After about three very long hours watching Gianna from afar without any excuse to get closer to her she finally got up and came to find me. Her cheeks looked a little red, probably because of the champagne she had been sipping on for the last couple hours but I had made sure she ordered something to eat so I wasn't worried about her being drunk. If anything she was slightly tipsy and it was actually kind of cute.

"You must be bored shitless, if you want to dip and go do the Hollywood sign hike I promise we will behave. Won't even leave the hotel." She hands me a water bottle. "Have a drink, you are going to die from an insolation." A small smile is plastered on her lips, her hand over her eyes to try and shield herself from the sun.

At some point, I had opted to take my jacket off and stay just in my shirt. LA sun is a killer and I would be lying if I said I hadn't been thinking about ditching formal wear and starting wearing some short-sleeved tees from now on.

"I'm not bored, don't worry." I could watch her for hours and never get bored, it was only the impossibility of being able to touch her or talk to her that killed me but at least this time the man next to her wasn't that Lucas guy. "I could really use this water though." Slowly reaching for it I gently brush my fingers over hers before taking the water bottle away from her hand.

"Miles." She warns me, softly whispering my name. Her cheeks reddening and this time not because of the alcohol.

"Just taking some water," I say hiding my smirk behind the plastic bottle.

"Hey, why don't we go down to the room where there is AC? I am starting to overheat." Jesse makes his way up to us, fanning himself with some newspaper.

"Yeah, sure, I could also use a break from this heat." Gianna nods stepping away from me and walking towards Jesse who bends down slightly to whisper something in her ear.

"Shut up," Gianna mutters pushing him away from her. "Let's go, you could definitely use a break from this heat."

___

Drying my damp hair with a towel I am about to get some basketball shorts to get myself ready for the Hollywood trail Gianna finally convinced me of doing so when my phone vibrates over my bed.

Nate: how is it going in LA?

Me: the heat is killing me but it's going great, getting ready to go up to the Hollywood sign right now.

Nate: Gianna going with you? She doesn't look like the hiker type.

Me: Nah, she is with her best friend, told her I would leave her some alone time if she promised not to pull any crazy shit.

Nate: so authoritative of you, can barely recognize you.

Me: it's my job, Nate.

Nate: wouldn't hurt to let yourself a little loose from time to time.