[60] Amidst Light and Night, Gazing at Each Other

The night sky was vast and devoid of clouds, adorned with celestial brilliance.

A baitless fishing hook swayed gently on the water's surface, creating layers of delicate ripples.

In the pool, a group of small fish curiously swam towards the hook, observing it from a distance.

They had never been caught, unaware of the danger that lurked within.

As for the person who was caught...

"Hmm... I am a fish."

Declared the robust figure in armor, emitting a muffled buzzing sound from his skull helmet.

The statement sounded like a dry joke acknowledging the other's humor.

However, standing in the presence of the oppressive aura emanating from the old man, no one could genuinely find it amusing.

He was the Old Man of the Mountain, the king of assassins who assassinated kings, the assassin of assassins... Grand Assassin, Hassan-i-Sabbah.

But...

"Hahahahaha..."

The man with long hair who was fishing burst into hearty laughter unexpectedly.

It seemed he had grasped the humor in the situation, laughing until tears threatened to fall.

"Haha... Old Man, everyone thinks you're the kind of guy with no sense of humor."

The Old Man remained silent for a moment.

"In fact... I have a sense of humor."

"Just that, everyone who sensed it has died."

"Ugh..."

There was no way to counter that.

Splash.

The long-haired man lifted the fishing rod with a grin and water sprayed.

"Oh my, I never expected that one day I'd be doing a mission with you, Old Man. Even though our superiors don't have any relationship with each other."

"Tsk, this is really an unusual occurrence. It seems... the one we're dealing with this time is an exceptionally tricky character."

The man extended his hand, gently plucking the small silver fish caught on the hook and squatting down to release it back into the pool.

The fish had been caught.

The angler enjoyed the process of fishing.

And he is a fishing teacher and the most famed fisherman... Grand Caster, Taigong Wang.

"By the way, it wasn't easy for me to squeeze in. In these increasingly chaotic times, even overtime has to be snatched away..."

The imposing old man remained silent for a moment.

"Same here."

"Huh?"

The man with long hair squinted his eyes, slightly opening a gap, and a trace of astonishment gleamed in his purple eyes.

"I was eating meals and singing songs when I was suddenly called in for overtime. Temporary work without overtime pay."

"Same here."

"Tsk~ I asked my old man at home what was going on. He just smiled with dust on his face, wearing that expression of a mysterious person who won't reveal secrets and is asking for a beating..."

The man with long hair squinted his eyes, rubbing his chin as he recalled.

"Well, I guess in all likelihood, the old man himself doesn't know, so he can only bluff his way through."