Picking and choosing

A/n sorry it's been a few days I've been very busy w work and my nephews 1st birthday party 😅😅 hopefully I will be  a bit more consistent soon
———————————————————————————
Rhaenyra had returned from her tour looking for suitors to marry and ultimately went to her aunt for help.

Rhaenyra had entered Sierras chambers, finding her on the floor playing with Baelor. Sierras looked at the maids before standing up.

"Leave us." Sierra said with a soft smile. Looking at Rhaenyra as if Her niece was her own child. As the room cleared out Sierra asked a question.

"What's in your mind, sweet girl?" Sierra said taking a seat, welcoming Rhaenyra to do so as well. "I need to find a suitable husband before my father chooses one for me" she said with a tint of sadness in her eyes.

"Well are there any men that caught your eye while you were away?" Sierra asked, "no, they are all old and deflating." Rhaenyra said with no expression making Sierra smirk.

"Have you found any men in court that have caught your eye?" She said before continuing, "perhaps I could put in a good word for a man?"

She asked after Rhaenyras eyes lit up. Rhaenyra had eyes for only one man and that was Ser Harwin Strong.

"Ser Harwin, is the only man I've seen around here worth my time and effort of a marriage." Rhaenyra spoke before seeing a devilish smirk on sierras lips.

"It's a good thing you brought him up. His father has offered him to Yours." She said before continuing, "It's possible I can make that work. I hold no promises. My Dear Princess."

Rhaenyra felt relief at those words, perhaps she wouldn't be chained to a rude old man for the rest of her life.

"Thank you, so much. Sierra" Rhaenyra said before leaving the room. Leaving Sierra to plot her schemes.

Sierra refused to see her niece get usurped. She also refused to see a Hightower sit the Iron Throne.

Sierra had spies, she had them since Rhaenyra was named heir. She knew someone would try and they would fail.
———————————————————————————
Sierra walked through the halls to the council to speak to viserys to see only him and Daemon there.
She was confused until she heard it was about what daemon did in the city watch.

She already knew, nor did she care, she had other things to take care of.

"Your grace," she said before looking at Daemon "Husband." Viserys looked angry at Sierra for her interruption. "I wish to speak to you about a possible suitor for, The Princess."

"This matter isn't over yet." Viserys said to Daemon who got up, giving his wife a kiss and bolted out of there before he could get yelled at more than he cared too.

"What is it, sister" viserys said sitting down, "The princess has found a suitor, Your Grace." She spoke standing over him, her expression telling him, she did not wish to be challenged.

"And whom might this be" he asked taking a deep breath. "The only man she thinks it worthy of her time is, Ser Harwin Strong" she said placing a hand on the table.

"She does?" He asked. "Appears so, your grace." She spoke before continuing "I worry if you do not choose Ser Harwin for her and chose Ser laenor, well things won't be good for the princess." He looked confused.

"We all know Laenors true nature, we don't hate him for it but, it's not ideal for us." Sierra said as the king looked at her.

"Good to know, but I wish to speak of another thing." She rose an eyebrow as he paused, "you've changed, you were never interested in Rhaenyras politics or anything else." Sierra moved rolling her eyes before he continued, "Why is it, you've done all this?"

Sierra sighed, crossing her arms. "There are horrible people out there that wish to see you and her fail. So I inserted myself, to help you play the game, and for you to stay safe."

Viserys had no idea what she meant by "play the game".  "I will make her betrothal official to, ser Harwin, but you first must tell me what playing the game is" he said turning his head standing up.

"There are many people playing, a game for the throne. People grasp at your throne but you do not realize until they are nipping at the seams." Viserys looking confused.

"I only tried removing Otto from his seat, because he had your new wife, visiting you in your chambers so once you were, dead he could take your throne and seat himself or your next son on it." Sierra said making viserys sound stupid.

"What?" He asked with a hint of anger. "It's been his plan since King jaehaerys." She said walking around the council table. "Why do you think Rhaenys isn't Queen right now?" Sierra asked now okaying mind games.

"You were a man. She is not. The Old King did not want a Queen on the throne. So he said a different name. You took her inheritance, that will not happen to my niece." She said as viserys eyes watered.

"Your biggest mistake was, killing your wife. I knew that so I inserted myself into this council of vile men"

The room went silent, "Rhaenyra will marry Ser Harwin, Otto will be removed as hand immediately." Viserys said doing something right for once in his life.

"Good." She said giving him a smile before leaving him to miss his late lady wife Aemma.
———————————————————————————
Sierra found Daemon sitting in their chambers in more comfortable clothing than his armor.

"What did you speak to our brother about?" Daemon asked as Sierra seated herself on his lap.

Their eyes met before she spoke "I told him about Otto and whom his Daughter should marry, we made an agreement." Daemon chuckled, but he couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

"Who is she marrying?" Daemon asked, his eyes moving to her eyes and then to her lips. Tensions rising.  She hummed before answering "Ser Harwin, I only made that possible with a few mind games against the king"

"You remind me everyday of why I love you" Daemin said before speaking again. "Although I do not wish to continue speaking of him" he said as Sierra rose an eyebrow. "Is that so?" She said being cut off by daemon lips on hers. "It is" he said but not before undoing the strings of her dress, moving her to their bed.
———————————————————————————
A/n perhaps a new baby from Sierra and daemon??👀😉.