Chapter Nineteen (Part Two) - Tydelynn

Kyle was right about the teasing.

As soon as Dan and I stepped back onto the tour bus with our hands interlocked, the catcalls started up. Kyle shrieked with laughter as Will slapped Dan on the back and continually shook his hand because he'd 'scored himself a bloody hot little lady', much to Dan's embarrassment at being the center of attention. Woody chuckled as he noticed me stood in a corner, smirking at Dan's awkwardness at being congratulated on getting a girlfriend.

"You're a bunch of idiots," Dan muttered. His dimple protruded his cheek lightly as he smiled. Adorable.

I grabbed my bags and made my way up the stairs to unpack. Dan followed closely behind me, mauling up his own bag. I'd just gotten to the top of the stairs and threw my bags onto my bunk when the teasing started again.

"Keep it down, you two," Kyle called, and Will erupted in a bellowing cackle. "And remember that we don't need any little Dan or Tyde running about, so watch it,"

"Idiots," Dan muttered again. I couldn't help but start to giggle at the fact that the lads were mainly ripping into Dan but not into me.

"Relax," I smiled. I clambered up onto my bunk and started to unpack; chucking around bottles of products; flinging articles of clothing everywhere; occasionally leaping off my bunk to dispose toiletries and make up into my bathroom drawer.

"You remind me of a little hyper-active bunny," Dan remarked, sitting on his bunk and watching me.

"More like a raving rabbid," I shot back.

"You played Rayman as a kid?"

"Rayman Raving Rabbids was my thing as a teenager, never mind a kid," 

"I'm also guilty!" Dan admitted, giggling.

"Waited 'till my parents had gone to work on Saturday morning, then I'd sneak out the Playstation 2 and sit there playing it," I grinned, thinking about them weekends.

"Good times, good times! I remember my sister always used to rat me out and say that I had homework to my mum just so I'd be told to get off the Playstation so she could hog it,"

"Only child perks," I waggled my tongue at him and flicked my middle finger up.

"Lucky bitch," Dan shook his head in mock envy. I climbed up onto his bunk and lay my head on his shoulder, sighing in contempt as his fingers flexed around my hand. We stayed there for a few moments, before he twitched his shoulder and pushed my head off him.

"Oi," I warned.

"Get up, this stuff won't unpack itself. Help me," 

"It's your turn to be a raving rabbid, I've done my duty!"

"...touche," Dan agreed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was about half past two in the morning and I was in the living area. I'd given up on trying to catch sleep tonight. Insomnia was in full force and refused to back down, much to my annoyance. Instead, I'd lost myself in writing poetry.

That night, I lost myself in the willow trees,
Collapsed on the floor, hugging my bruised knees,
Somehow convinced that I could no longer breathe,
The anger in my soul, slowly, started to seethe.

I got up. I screamed at the world around me.
'Please leave me alone, Goddamn it, leave me be!'
And I broke into a million tiny pieces.
Just like a mangled feather, just like a delicate slip of paper,
I became littered with noticeable creases
I broke into a million tiny little pieces.
Carried by a winter night's harsh breeze
Sprinkled around the willow trees.
That's where eternity found me.

"That's beautiful," Someone whispered behind me. I swear, I must have jumped about half a mile high. Trust me to pick the sofa that didn't face the stairs.

"Will, when you walk down the stairs - can you make a noise? Don't be silent and scare the shit out of me next time?"

"Sorry," He laughed, plonking down beside me. "So, what happened to Matty?"

I sighed. "Well..."

"I'm not trying to pry or intrude, Tyde. I just want to make sure that you won't hurt Dan. He's one of my best pals, you know? He rarely ever plucks up the courage to get with a girl, so for him to get his heart broken would be horrible,"

"I know. I'd never do anything to hurt him. I never had sex with Matty, believe me. I just knew Matty a few years ago, he kinda saved me from potentially getting lost or harmed and I never knew his name. So when I found him again, I somehow kissed him. Tydey lost her head," I explained, rubbing my temples.

Will stood up, grabbed a glass of water from the kitchen area and walked back up the stairs.

"Get some sleep, Edgar Allen Poe," He called.

I'd get some sleep, if it were that peaceful and easy.