II. Sakura Viewing

It's time for the annual Cherry Blossom viewing with the whole Fairy Tail gang, and Lucy's just as excited as before.

"This time, I won't get sick. I will get to see that Cherry Blossom bloom for myself!" She said, determined.

She still remembered that fateful day. That day when she thought she wouldn't get a glimpse of Magnolia's Rainbow Cherry Blossom. But because of Natsu and Happy, her two best friends, she got what she wanted.

"I'll remember to thank them again later..." she muttered under her breath.

... At the Fairy Tail Guild ...

"ONCE AGAIN, THE TIME HAS COME FOR US TO TAKE A BREAK AND ENJOY THE BEAUTY OF SAKURAS! GIVE YOURSELF A BREAK AND ENJOY THIS DAY!" The Fairy Tail Master shouted to his children. Cheers and applause echoed throughout the room.

Lucy was sitting beside Erza and Levy, who were both engrossed in what they were doing.

Levy was reading Lucy's new draft, while Erza was carefully chewing her Strawberry Cake, admiring its flavor and texture in every bite.

"Hey Levy. Wanna go to the library later before we went to the Cherry Blossoms?" Lucy suggested.

The Solid Script mage removed her glasses. "Sorry Lu-chan. Gajeel said he needs my help later. He's in charge of the guild's snacks and drinks, so we're gonna head out to the market later."

A smirk has formed out of the Celestial Mage's mouth. "Ohhh. Levy-chan and Gajeel eh?" She started poking and teasing her best friend.

Levy's face turned bright pink. "T-That's not what I meant! Anyway, you and Natsu are getting along quite well, aren't you?"

"Of course! He's my best friend!" Lucy reasoned out.

It was Levy's turn to tease the yellow-haired mage. "But you consider him more than a FRIEND, right? Right?"

"W-what are you talking about? N-no way!!" Lucy protested, causing her face to redden.

"Oh don't deny it Lu-chan! I know you two are gonna end up together someday." said Levy. She then suddenly looked at her watched and exclaimed, "Oh no! Gajeel's waiting for me! I gotta go! See you later Lu-chan!"

Lucy waved her goodbye, before turning her head towards the famous Salamander, who seems to be doing a little jig.

"Hey~ Come on everybody! Do the Plue Dance with me!" He chereed.

"Aye Sir!~" Happy followed.

"You two are gonna end up together someday." Levy's words echoed in Lucy's head.

She blushed. "Seriously... How is this idiot and me gonna end up together?" She muttered to herself.

---

... At The Magnolia Park ...

"Everyone! Are you ready for our annual Fairy Tail Bingo? Great prizes are up for grabs." said Mirajane.

The whole guild cheered, and the game commences.

"First up, B-14!"

As the game continues, Lucy kept her gaze at the unbloomed Sakura Tree. It reminded her of home. The HOME she never got. Her mother used to bring her when she was a little kid to see the cherry blossom bloom. That is, before her mother passed away.

Natsu noticed the depressed Lucy, so he went to her and patted her back, HARD, which made Lucy fall over.

"Hey Lucy! What's the matter? Why the long face?" Natsu asked her.

"I-It's nothing." Lucy replied.

"Okay. But if you need anything, just call us." Natsu said as his attention went to the bingo game.

"I-7!"

"BINGO!!!!"

A certain blue cat flew to where Mirajane was, saying, "I GOT BINGO MIRA! WHERE'S MY PRIZE? WHERE'S MY PRIZE?"

The white-haired mage smiled. "Hai! Here you go Happy."

The blue Exceed was surprised he'd only won a small, pint-sized fish... if you can call it one.

He broke into tears. "WAAAAAH!! What the heck is this? It's not even edible!!"

"Of course it's not. It's a rare Pandaca Pygmea, the smallest fish out there. You could raise some of them, and before you know it, you'll have a whole school of it!" said Mirajane cheerfully.

"But I want to EAT fish! Not raise one!" the blue cat cried out.

"Well, just try your luck next time." she patted Happy's head before moving on.

"Okay... The next will be G-17!"

A certain Dragon Slayer was getting bored. He glanced to where Lucy was, but he discovered she was nowhere to be found.

He decided to explore the other parts of the park. And then he spotted Lucy at a nearby pond. He waved his hand and called out her name.

He decided to join her, in whatever she's doing.

"Watcha doin' Lucy?" he asked in curiousity.

"Oh. Just... looking at the KOI fish." she said while gazing down at the pond.

Natsu looked down to find some brightly colored fish swimming.

"They're beautiful, are they?" Lucy said to Natsu.

He nodded in reply.

She averted her gaze on the pond and onto Natsu.

"Natsu, why did you decided to bring me to Fairy Tail?" she suddenly asked.

"Well... you said you like to join Fairy Tail right? So I helped you! And you should be thankful too. If you hadn't ran into me, you would never even have the chance to be a member of the guild" He stated.

"You're right..." was her only reply.

Without any warning, Natsu suddey moved closer to the blond wizard, and he had set his eyes on her.

"Lucy. Tell me the truth. Are you happy?" Natsu asked her, seriousness filling his voice.

The celestial mage was surprised by the question, but she answered it sincerely. "I guess not. I kind of miss my family..."

Natsu pulled her into a hug. "Lucy. We're all right here. Everyone at Fairy Tail. We're all your family. Kind of dysfunctional though..."

It was that time when Lucy's tears flowed out from her eyes. "T-thank you Natsu."

He wiped her tears with his fingers and felt the urge to kiss her. He suddenly leaned in to her lips to deliver the action. Of course Lucy was shocked, but then she slowly melted into the kiss, wrapping her arms around Natsu's warm neck.

They were interrupted by someone coughing.

They turned around to see the whole Fairy Tail looking at them, their face filled with both shock and delight.

The two immediately pulled away from each other, faces being red. "D-did you guys--" Lucy asked.

"We heard everything." Erza exclaimed. She suddenly came to Natsu and gave him a hug, banging his head onto her steel armor. "You're finally becoming a man Natsu! Just make sure to take care of Lucy,"

"Or I'll make sure you'll never see the light of another day." Erza added, her eyes filled with murderous aura.

With that, he immediately stood up straight, replying "H-hai!"

"Come on everybody! The cherry blossoms are about to bloom!" said Levy.

The rest of the Fairy Tail gang headed to where the Sakuras are. Natsu offered a hand to Lucy. "Let's go?"

She nodded. And together, they walked hand-in-hand towards the cherry blossoms.

It was the beginning... of their future, together.