VIII. Confession, Interruptions, Conclusions

Natsu was nervous.

No, he wasn't just nervous.

He was scared.

Scared of what might Lucy think or say after all of this.

But he's gonna do it.

There's no going back now.

Here we go...

"I changed my mind. Happy, let's go back," Natsu said nervously. Just then, a hand grabbed his scarf, making him choke.

"Gwaaak!"

"Natsu, you coward. I thought you said you were ready for this?" said a certain Ice Mage.

The dragon slayer scratched his head. "B-but I'm scared to think what might Lu-"

Before he could continue what he was about to say, Gray suddenly bursted out laughing, and so did Happy.

"Wow Natsu. I think this is the first time ever I heard you say you were scared," Gray said, wiping a tear from his eye as a result of laughing too hard.

Natsu started to blush. "I-I..."

The blue Exceed pushed him in front of the door. "Just do it Natsu. It won't hurt if you try..."

Natsu gulped. Gray let out a grin. Happy gave him the thumbs up. As he walked up the porch step, knocking on the door, he wondered what Lucy might see him after all of this.

"Oh hey Natsu!" Lucy greeted him at the door, smiling.

"Uh... Lucy. C-could w-we talk?" Natsu stuttered.

"Okay. Come on in!" She led him inside her apartment (which was a first) and asked him to sit down on the couch.

"So Natsu, what do you want to talk about?" Lucy asked. Meanwhile, Gray decided to see what was happening, so he and Happy went and started peeking through Lucy's window.