Chapter 7: "I'm sorry BEN..."

RECAP:

By the time he got to a lake, BEN had awoken from getting burned by the cigarette bud and jolted out of unconsciousness and into a pain filled body.

Seeing his own blood matted unto his blonde hair and body while also seeing his father in the car next to him made him tremble in pain and a little bit of fear. But he was also angry.

His father had been beating him for years and killed Link, his brother and his friend. He wanted him to pay for what he has done, no matter what. In his raging state of mind he didn't notice the car stop moving or his father getting out of the car.

He was jolted out of all his raging anger as he was suddenly pulled by the hair and arm by his father. Looking out, he saw a lake, and a forest. Particularly the haunted ones that spread through the edge of his own gloomy town and the surrounding ones. It was off limits to everyone, rumoring of the murders that lived in the forest.

But that wasn't why he was afraid. It was more to the fact he was getting pushed out to the dock of the lake and standing on the edge looking out into the deep, blue, murky water. It was a fact that BEN couldn't swim and it would be all over if he was pushed out.

Fighting and struggling as hard as he could, (which wasn't really much because he was in a shocking pain so movement was hard), BEN was helpless as he was suddenly pushed into the deep lake in the lonely, dark, Slender Woods.

|RECAP-OVER|
---------------------------------------
Chapter 7: "I'm sorry BEN..."

After seeing the spirit BEN had immediately frozen and dropped his flute. And after seeing the scene he thought so strongly, I got why his reaction was like that.

Quickly using my power over shadows and bones, I trapped the spirit in a circle of human bones and wrapped him in shadows to keep the spirit restrained.

I had to do this because I needed to find out if I had summoned him here from the underworld or the earths plane. If it was the former, I would just send him back to the fields of Punishment or whatever and go on with my day.

If it was the latter, this spirit would cease to even exist. Seeing as it was still my job to eliminate every escaped soul and spirit that left durning the time the Doors of Death were open.

I stood from my spot on the floor and quickly walked to the circle. Walking around it till I was in front of the spirit, I paused and glared at it. I tried to sense whether or not it came from the Underworld but I came up empty.

Crouching down I stuck my hand into a nearby shadow as I spoke into the evil spirits mind, "Did I summon you from the underworld?"

After the soul just smirked and chuckled evilly, I felt the air get colder, but that didn't effect me as I glared a harsh cold glare at the soul.

Two can play at that game.

Using my manipulation over the cold, I froze the ground and area inside the circle. Effectively freezing the spirits core. To add to the silent threat I was emitting, I slowly pulled out my Sword out of its shadow pocket.

It was the sword I used to eliminate spirits of the escapes of the Underworld. And that spirit in front of me was definitely one and if he wasn't, well. . . Too bad, looks like my father would be having one least soul to take care of.

After seeing the sword, the spirit panicked. He quickly confessed, "I escaped while the doors were open!!" He said with wide eyes.

Quickly and swiftly, I pulled the sword back before I thrusted it straight into the frozen spirits body. I felt the sword swallow the soul as I pulled back the sword and allowing the ice and frost to disappear, along with the bones and shadows dissipating.

I didn't care for the souls that was sucked into the sword, they're all dead to me anyways.

I looked back at BEN, who was watching with wide eyes. I sighed, before I walked over to him and crouched next to him after I handed him his flute.

"I'm sorry BEN...." I told him softly, "at least he's soul is currently getting destroyed and zapping out of existence."

BEN, who seemed to snap out of his shocked silence, looked at me with a deadpan before getting up from his spot and glitching away. But not before muttering a quiet-

"Whatever, I just need some happy grass right now."

•~~~|Author's Note:

Sorry for the semi-short chapter after so long! I hope you liked the chapter though. Coming up next is "You're Gay?!"

Remember to COMMENT your opinion, VOTE for this chapter, and FOLLOW ME the author!