chapter 75 : shadows of the truth

It was night time

It was night time.

I went to hide before anyone could  see me and threw me in the dungeon or something for being spy .

I peeked from behind the pillar, my eyes widening as I took in the scene before me.  the air was filled with the sweet scent of candles and incense. I heard the sound of a baby's cry, and the soft murmur of voices.

An elderly man, with a physique akin to a king, held the baby in his arms. A happy couple stood beside him, gazing lovingly at the child. The elder man's voice boomed, "This precious treasure is yours now, Viraaj beta. You're going to rule the world one day."

My eyes grew wide as I realized what I was witnessing. The elder man held up a gemstone, its facets glinting in the candlelight. I felt a jolt of understanding - this was the beginning of the story, the moment when the gemstone's power was first revealed.

But as the family prepared to leave, I couldn't believe my eyes. They were leaving the baby alone, unguarded. How could they be so careless? I hid behind the pillar once more, holding my breath as they departed, leaving the infant Viraaj vulnerable and alone.

I tiptoed into the room, my eyes fixed on baby Viraaj. He was sitting on the floor, playing with the gemstone, his tiny hands grasping it tightly. The stone was glowing, casting a soft light on the room. I breathed a sigh of relief, seeing that it was too big for him to swallow.

I couldn't resist the urge to go to him, to squeeze his chubby little cheeks. He was the cutest baby I had ever seen. As I approached, I heard footsteps coming from outside the room. My heart skipped a beat - there was nowhere to hide.

I clutched my gemstone, praying silently. "Please, let me go to the next place. Please." And then, magic happened. Everything around me blurred, and I felt myself being pulled away.

As I disappeared, I whispered to baby Viraaj, "Let's meet again in the future, my Veeruuu." To my surprise, he giggled, as if he understood what I was saying. I smiled, feeling a strange connection to this little boy, who was destined to play a big role in my life.

I opened my eyes to find myself in the palace of Devansh,  Mrighasti  . I couldn't believe I was traveling through time and space like this, playing with the fabric of reality. Who would ever believe me?

I saw a couple standing on the balcony,  looking at the attire they were looking like the king and queen of Mrighasti - wait ? Devansh's parents. They were discussing how their daughter would control the power of the gemstone, which lay dormant beside them.

The queen's worries were alleviated by the king's consoling words. I heard a commotion and servants rushing to the room. After a while, they were giggling, and I followed them to see a baby covered in flour, the gemstone lying nearby. I knew this was Devansh.

As they left after cleaning him up, I approached the baby and pulled his cheek. He grasped my fingers and played with them, leaving me in awe. But I knew I had to leave.