||3|| Ghost Town

*Flashback; Ten years ago*

I was stressed. It was my senior year of highschool, and I was balancing a lot.
Between homework, tests, extracurricular activities for college applications, and trying to take care of my younger brother and sister- I was lacking severely in sleep and happiness.

"Bea," my ten year old brother shouted.
I shook my head and realized I was burning the bacon.

"Shit," I grumbled, trying to salvage the breakfast I was cooking for Daniel and Charlie.

Two of the pieces of bacon were doomed for the trash.
I slid the decent pieces of bacon onto Daniel and Charlie's plates.

"I don't eat bacon," Charlie said with disgust,"It's not good for my figure."

Danny scoffed, "What figure?"

She threw a piece of bacon at him, hitting him in the face and getting some grease in his eyes.
He screamed.

"Dammit Charlie," I screeched out of exhaustion, "I don't have time for your bullshit. Just go!"

She looked up at me in shock as I hurried Danny out of his seat and to the kitchen sink where I began to try and wash the grease out of his eye.

By eight a.m., I had Danny off to stay the weekend at a friend's house while Charlie left for a trip to the lake with family.
I had the weekend to myself to get my work done, and fit sleep into my busy schedule.

I  quickly cleaned the kitchen before hurrying to my room to finish my homework.
Not even an hour later, my dad was up and yelling at me.

"I didn't say they could go!"

I exhaustedly explained, "I needed a break. I'm drowning here in my schoolwork, and taking care of them-"

Dad hollered, "You're never going to college, why do you even care about school?"

I couldn't even pretend it didn't hurt to be told I'd never go to college.
I sighed, "I'm sorry."

He looked taken aback by my quick consent. I usually never backed down from an argument.
He silently walked out of my room.

After a moment passed, I shoved my books and binder off my bed in anger, throwing my history book against the wall and leaving a dent.
I held the angry, exhausted tears back. 

*ding!

I looked up to my laptop which was across the room at my desk.
I quickly pushed myself up and hurried to it to see an IM had popped up.

Avamazing_16:
Hey cuz! You coming 2nite?

The IM was from my cousin Ava, who was a year younger than me.

Queen_Bea017:
Go where?

Avamazing_16:

The party at Vincent's. It's at 6.

Queen_Bea017:
Oh, I didn't know about it... R U?

Avamazing_16:
Duh! Need us to pick U up?

Queen_Bea017:
Yes.

Avamazing_16:
Cool. Todd said be ready by 5:45.

Avamazing_16 has signed off.

I sighed and stood up. It was nine thirty now. I closed my bedroom door  after I set my alarm for one this afternoon and threw myself on my bed, taking a nap. 

I stared at my reflection.
I was wearing a black skirt that was a few inches above my knees, a white tank top with a black tank under it.
My long dark brown hair was down and curled over my shoulders. I had most minimal make-up except for the dark eyeliner.

I grabbed my cell phone and hurried down the stairs.
Dad was gone to work, so I scribbled a quick note and hurried to tape it to my bedroom door.
Just as I finished doing that, a knock at my door made me jump.

I ran back down and opened the door to reveal Ava, who was dressed, well... Much less than myself.
Her long, chocolate brown hair was curled into ringlets and was pulled over one shoulder.

"Let's go," she said.