Prologue

Jane

"Jane Brooke! Didn't I tell you to wake up?!" my stepmom shouted. "But you told me I could have five minutes extra sleep!" I whined as I cover my face with a pillow. "Well, I change my mind! Get out of bed, young lady!" she says as she slams the door. And this, is why I hate my life.

I went downstairs, already dressed for school. I saw breakfast ready on the table, pfft, who needs breakfast? I went to the fridge, got my soya milk and went outside, slamming the door. "Jane!" my stepmom shouted. Hah, payback, bitch.

I drank on my soya milk as I walked to school, I checked the time. 5:01 huh? I love it when I'm early as fuck, my stepmom disciplined me to be early like this, and I have gotten a liking to it, but I still don't like my stepmom that much.

As I got to school, I checked what my schedule was and went up to my first class, and realized I was still alone. Hmm, more for me! I got out my book, a textbook . Yes, I study early. And also, I still haven't bought a good book to read, so I'm sticking with this for now.

As thirty minutes pass, students start filling the room up, and I, am not so alone now. A girl sat beside me, and it was awkward, I guess. That is, until she spoke up. "I'm Ginger, what's your name?" she asked as she held out her hand. "I'm Jane, a pleasure to meet you." I say as I shook her hand. "Much formal, very wow." she laughs. "Blame my stepmom, because of her, I didn't have a childhood, nor the best memories." I sigh. "Then let's make new memories!"