CHAPTER 26

That night, The Boyish Painter posted a photo on Weibo.

It was a Doraemon-shaped scented candle. It was not lit. There was a cartoon flame on the candle wick with the words, from my brother, so pretty, can’t bear to light it…

Dora-hum-hum was the first to reply,

Light it, those small ornaments will turn on.

Pon couldn’t believe it:
Really? 😱🤔

Dora-hum-hum:
Give it a try.

Pon immediately put down his mobile phone and rushed to find something to light it with.

No one smoked at home, no firewood was burned for cooking and there was no lighter.

He took the candle to Aunt Lisa’s house next door to light it.

After lighting it, he shielded it with his hand to block the wind, carefully placed it on the table and leaned in to observe.

In the flickering candlelight, the bamboo dragonflies, memory bread, a door… everything around Doraemon began to rotate slowly.

Fresh fragrance filled the air.

He sank into this dreamy scene, moved a chair and sat at the table, propped his face with his hands and admired it for more than ten minutes.

When he picked up the phone again, he was taken aback by a string of messages on Weibo.

After a closer look, they were all from Dora-hum-hum—
Don’t light it up by yourself, ask your family to help.

Also, don’t use matches, be careful to burn your hands.

Remember to put the lighter in a safe place when you are done and don’t touch the open flame.

Is it lit?

If you can’t find a lighter, don’t light it yet.

Is it lit?

Are you back?

Don’t light it up yet.

Where did you go?

Where did you go?

Stay still, don’t touch the fire!

Pon was dumbfounded.

He had the feeling that if he didn’t reply to Dora-hum-hum right now, he would come knocking on the door.

Afraid that he was waiting and anxious, he hurriedly typed a reply:

I’m back, I didn’t have a lighter at home, so I went to the neigbours to borrow one.

Dora-hum-hum: You weren’t hurt, were you?

Pon replied: No 😃

Dora-hum-hum: Don’t do this kind of thing by yourself in the future, it’s too dangerous.

Pon couldn’t figure out where the danger was, so he tilted his head and replied:

It’s not dangerous, it’s just lighting a fire…

Dora-hum-hum: You are an artist and your hands are more important than anything else.

Pon was taken aback for a moment.

Although he felt that the other party made a small problem into a big matter, he still felt touched by such care:

Thank you for your concern, I will be careful in the future ❤️

At this time, outside the  Kitjaruwannakul family courtyard, Sailub, who was running over, was holding the wall with one hand and gasping for breath.

He almost raised his hand and knocked on the door just now.