Detective work

The car engine roared in the early hours of the morning as it pulled up to lovers lake. Again. It was the morning after we had found Eddie. We had returned the next morning with food for him. Which was mainly made up of cereal that Dustin had got from his house.

The car engine cut off as Steve cut the ignition and pulled his keys out of the car.
I stepped out of the vehicle and yawned. I had a hard time going to sleep that night. Every time I closed my eyes I had flashbacks of the mall and the creature. I kept thinking that one of the creatures would come and kill me in my sleep. Hence the poor teddy bear that got mistaken for a monster and thrown across the room via telekinesis.

The group walked up to the cabin door. Dustin swung it open without knocking and I could hear Eddie yell "Jesus!" From inside, obviously startled.

"Delivery service." Dustin said as he held up shopping bags.

Eddie panted and dropped his hand in relief. Steve lent over Dustin's shoulder and waved to Eddie.

Dustin handed Eddie the bags of food and he walked away from them to sit on the floor of the boat and rummage through them. He grabbed a box of honeycomb cereal and began to eat it with his hands.

The others came and stood near Eddie. "So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news." Dustin said. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie said

"We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you." Dustin said "also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max said

"And the good news?" Eddie asked

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin said. "But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie asked

"Exactly." Robin said

"Shit." Eddie muttered

"So, before that happens, we find vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin stated their to do list like we were only going shopping

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie asked

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it." Dustin stated

"Listen, Eddie, I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a...a few times, and...I have once. Mine was more human-flesh based, theirs was more smoke-related. But bottom line is, collectively, I really feel we got this." Robin rambled

"Plus, we've got Dani." Steve glanced over at me, a proud look in his eyes.

I gave him a small smile but shifted on my feet. That familiar pressure from the mall 5 months ago began to creep back up on me. The feeling that I wasn't good enough. That I would get my friends killed. I still blamed myself for Billy's death. I stopped the thoughts before they could spiral. I don't have the time to think this way, people's lives depend on me.

"Yeah, cause Y'know...she's got superpowers." Dustin added

"I'm sorry what?" Eddie asked. He glanced over at me with wide eyes.

"Yeah, she can move things with her mind." Steve added

"It's like, super cool." Robin said

"You have telekinesis?" Eddie turned to me again with a look of surprise