𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐑 𝐁𝐄 𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃

(act two, chapter five: kill or be killed)

🎞️🎞️🎞️

"How do you trigger the curse?" Buffy asked her dad as she was helping him carry some boxes out of his car for the Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day.

"It doesn't matter, B." Mason said as he shook his head at her. It's not like he wanted to keep it from her what he done to become a werewolf, but he did it anyway. He knew how much people changed when they found out that you killed someone. They even turn their feelings to hate. He didn't want Buffy to know, because it would break him if his daughter hated him for what he had done to his friend, Jimmy.

"Well, actually it does." Buffy said, hoping to hide the worry in her voice as she spoke, not succeeding very much. But she had to know, so that she wouldn't make the same mistake as her father. Just the thought of turning into a werewolf scared her to death.

She didn't know how much was true from what they portrayed about werewolves in movies. She didn't know if it really hurt that bad just like on screen, but you couldn't tell her that breaking every bone in your body didn't hurt at least a bit. Just breaking one bone at the time was painful, she couldn't imagine all 206 at the same time. It would be like hell on earth once a month.

Still Mason didn't answer her as he walked back over to his car to take another box. As he went to set it with the rest, Buffy stepped in front of him. "Please, dad. Whatever it is, you can tell me. No judgement, remember?"

No judgement was a thing between them from when Buffy was fourteen and feeling very insecure about literally everything like everyone does when they are that age. Nobody except from Mason knew how Buffy really used to think about herself back then. Not even Caroline, who the blonde told everything too from the age of five.

When Mason found out he promised to never judge her for anything. Even if it was something small. He would never judge and till now he was still keeping that promise. So she wouldn't judge him either. With absolutely nothing. They could already get enough judgement from everyone else.

It brought a lot of peace to both daughter and gather, knowing that they didn't have to prove anything to each other.

And hell, she was friends with Damon, it couldn't be worse than anything he has ever done in his hundred and forty five years on this earth.

"If I tell you, you won't be able to think about anything else. I don't want that for you."

"Do you know how much times in a day I am thinking about sitting at home and watching a movie or just sleeping? At least 50 percent. I think I'll be fine, dad." Buffy said to her dad, who placed the box back down in the truck of his car as he leaned against the car with a sigh, worrying Buffy.

Had it really been that bad?

"You have to kill someone. You take another person's life away from them and then the curse is yours forever."