Ulfbjorn, Jarl of Blackmane

It was early in the morning at the Hazbin Hotel. Skoll had spent the last two weeks preparing for this day. Today he would challenge Ulfbjorn and get whatever he wanted from this whole ordeal. Though his family and girlfriend were quite worried for him, even now as he said his goodbyes he could see the concern in their eyes. He knew firearms weren't allowed in a duel so he only had his pendant. Skoll was in his room with Loona, who was beyond worried for her boyfriend.

"Skoll, promise me you'll let me know when you're safe." she pleaded, close to tears from the worry.

"Hey, I promise I will." Skoll assured her, wiping Loona's tears. "After today, it'll be over. You won't have to worry anymore." he cupped her face and gave her a kiss, which eased her nerves.

"Please come back to me."

"I will. I promise I won't die. Stay here, I'll be back tonight."

"I'll stay up and wait."

The two kissed once more and they made their way to the lobby where they found Skoll's family waiting. Hati heard them and immediately rushed forward with Charlie close behind and Ramiel catching up. The brown and white Hellhound couldn't keep her worries to herself, and her mother urged her to voice them, saying that this all affected her just as much as Skoll.

"Brother, please don't go!" she begged, hugging him as tight as she could.

Skoll stumbled back slightly but hugged back. "Hey hey, don't worry Hati. I'll be back tonight, ok? I have to do this."

"No you don't! You keep saying you do but you don't have to!" she shouted, letting go and letting her parents comfort her as she cried. "He knows you're coming, he's made it clear he'll leave you alone, so why do this!?"

"Hati, he killed mom and da–"

"I know! And I hate him too, but this won't change anything! You're putting yourself at risk for no reason!" she sobbed. "Skoll, I spent ten years thinking you were dead, and these last few months have been next to perfect... I–I don't want to risk losing you again!"

Hati fell to her knees but Ramiel caught her and held her in his arms. Charlie joined in on comforting the girl and so did Loona. Skoll thought for a moment, he didn't want to make his sister cry, to make Loona panic or to make his parents worry. He listened to their worries, but despite them, Skoll was incapable of letting go. He moved forward and hugged his sister, slowly moving his hand through her hair to calm her.

"You won't lose me, Hati. I promise you," Skoll said softly. "I'll be back soon then we won't have to worry anymore."

"Skoll." Charlie called out. "If you're going to do this, at least let us help you." she spoke in a motherly voice.

"Don't worry, I can kill him."

"Let me come with you." Ramiel suggested. "I can step in–"

"No, I need to do this. This is my fight, I won't let anyone fight it for me."

Ramiel narrowed his eyes but sighed in defeat. "Very well. May God be with you, Skoll. I believe in you."

Skoll nodded and made his way out, once he was gone Charlie turned to her fiance in shock. She and Loona helped Hati up and while the goth Hellhound took her away to her suite to comfort her, the couple remained in the lobby.

"You're just gonna let him go?" Charlie questioned.

"He would've gone regardless. Skoll's not a child anymore, we can't make him listen to us. All we can do now is pray for his safety."

"But... he's our son. I don't want him to get hurt, or do something he'll regret." Charlie moved closer and hugged Ramiel for comfort.

========================================================================