Erasing the past

Alice's POV:
Gradually as we drove through each state the views outside of the Windows changed. We've now gone from tall skylines and yellow taxis to the our new permanent view, beaches and Palm trees.

"Mummy look the beach" Alfie smiles pointing out the window

"I've never been to the beach" Louise adds

"We'll all of that is going to change" Michael smiles

"Are we nearly there?" I ask

"15 minutes away"

I nod ok and take in the views as we drive by, the complete opposite of New York but that's good. We need to erase the past. We now see houses and eventually stop once we reach a set of gates.

"Who's ready to see our new home"

The kids cheer me but not too loudly as Lauren is asleep. The gates open and let's just say I was not expecting what I'm currently seeing.

"Michael when you said you got extra bedrooms I didn't think you mean a mansion. Can we even afford this?"

"Yes, we have a lot of money and my new job will pay for this. Hell one song will pay for us to be in this house for at least 3 months. Do you like it?"

"I love it, certainly is bigger and the complete opposite of our old house"

"Which is what we need babe. This will be a good change for us. Now come on let's go inside" he stops the car and gets out.

I get out and take a sleeping Lauren out of her car seat and carful cradle her in my arms as we walk inside. I look around in amazement.

"Alfie look, we have a proper pool" Louise smiles running to the window

"Mummy it is real, not blown up"

I laugh and smile as I walk into the kitchen. Once we see everything we make our way upstairs. The kids immediately running off to the doors with their names on them.

"Come on, let's put her in the crib to sleep" Michael smiles holding his arm around my waist as he leads me to Lauren's room

"Oh my god Michael, it's beautiful" I smile as I look around, "the giraffe is cute"

"I'm glad you like it" he looks down into the crib now containing Lauren "I can't believe she's one next month"

"I know, and the fact we got two more on the way"

"Hey you wanted a big family, you sure are getting it" he laughs and kisses me

"Mummy Louise is in my room and she isn't allowed"

"Alfie she is allowed, don't be so nasty" I reply as I walk to his room but stop as I see him smirking as he points to the No Girls Allowed sign on the wall. God he looks so much like Michael with that pose and signature smirk.

"Well fine, you're not allowed in my room then" Louise pokes her tongue out and leaves taking me with her to show me her room.

Next Day
So today we are at the beach, as Michael did promise the kids they can visit the beach. It's mad to think it's their first time at a beach and they're not little. Lauren sits in between my legs and has finally stopped trying to eat the sand, Michael is helping the other two build a sand castle. I look at them and smile, yeah we had our family days at the park and other places but not as good as this, we don't have to be careful. Michael don't have to be in disguise. We can finally be a family, no more worrying, no more long work related trips.

Michael's POV;
I let the kids carry on with their castle and I walk back over and sit by Alice.

"You ok? You looked deep in thought"

"Yeah, I was just thinking about this family day out."

"Our first normal day out?" I chuckle

"Yeah"

Lauren crawls over and curls up on my lap, I lean down and kiss her head and wipe the sand off her legs.

"It sure is hotter her than New York. I know it will take a while to get use to as everything is so different but I promise you it will be ok and is for the best."

"I know it's for the best, I don't care where we are Michael. As long as we're together and safe then that's all that matters"

I lean over and kiss her cheek then I look back at the kids, the past is slowly being erased, this is our fresh start.