Unbearable Truths

Mikha's Pov

As we walked down the hallway, Gwen, Jho, and I chatted about the upcoming Univ activities. But my mind was still stuck on the image of Aiah and Colet in the gym. My heart felt like it was being squeezed in a vice.

"Uy, Lim, you good?" Jho asked once again, her voice filled with concern.

"Yeah, don't worry, I'm fine, Jho.." I replied, forcing a smile. "Just remembered I need to buy something. I'll catch up with you guys later."

They nodded and continued walking, while I slowed down and stopped near a slightly open door. From inside, I could hear voices—familiar ones. It was Stacey and Sheena, and they were talking probably about Aiah and Colet.

Stacey's Pov

"You know, sobrang saya ko para sa kanila," Stacey said, her voice filled with excitement. "They make such a cute couple, don’t you think?"

"Very true ka dyan, Staks," Sheena agreed. "I mean, nakita mo ba kung gaano siya ka-sweet kay Aiah kanina? She really cares about her."

"Exactly! Aiah deserves someone like Colet who will always be there for her," Stacey continued. "After everything she's been through, she finally has someone who truly values her."

Mikha's Pov

Each word felt like a punch to the gut. I leaned against the wall, my heart pounding in my chest. I knew I shouldn't be eavesdropping, but I couldn't help it. Their words were like a car crash—horrible but impossible to look away from.

"Remember nung umiiyak si Aiah dahil kay Mikha?" Sheena added, her voice softer. "But now, with Colet, she’s finally smiling again."

"Yeah, and Colet really stepped up. She’s been amazing," Stacey replied. "I’m so glad they found each other."

I couldn’t take it anymore. The pain and guilt were too much to bear. My legs felt weak, and my vision blurred with unshed tears. I turned away from the door and started running, the sound of their conversation echoing in my mind.

.....

Sheena's Pov

"Grabe, I never thought I'd see Aiah this happy again," Sheena said, smiling. "All thanks to Colet."

"Yeah," Stacey agreed. "They're perfect for each other."

.....

Mikha's Pov

I ran and ran, not caring where I was going. All I wanted was to escape the pain, the unbearable truth that Aiah was moving on without me. The thought of Colet making her happy, of Aiah smiling because of someone else—it was too much. I stumbled into an empty classroom, collapsing onto a chair. Tears streamed down my face as I finally let go of the emotions I'd been holding back.

Why did I have to hear that? Why did it have to hurt so much? I buried my face in my hands, sobbing quietly. The love of my life was slipping away, and there was nothing I could do about it.

Aiah's Pov

I hurried to the computer lab, hoping my belongings were still there. As I opened the door, a strange sense of unease washed over me. The room was dark, and the only sound was a faint sobbing, almost like a whisper. My heart raced as I flipped the light switch, illuminating the room. My eyes scanned the area, and there, in the far corner, was a figure hunched over, shoulders shaking with each sob.

"Sino 'yan?" I called out, my voice trembling slightly. I took a few cautious steps forward. The girl didn’t respond, only continued to cry.

Mikha's Pov

I heard a voice and felt a sudden wave of embarrassment. I tried to stifle my sobs, but it was too late. The lights were on, and I knew whoever it was had seen me.

"Are you okay?" the voice asked, closer now.

"Hey, okay ka lang ba?" the voice repeated, more familiar now, filled with concern.

I hesitated, then answered softly, "Oo, ayos lang ako." But my voice cracked, betraying my lie.

Aiah's Pov

That voice—familiar yet fragile. I moved closer, squinting to get a better look. "Mikha?" I whispered, disbelief coloring my tone.

She looked up, and our eyes met. I gasped, taking a step back. "Anong nangyari? why are u crying?"

Her face was tear-streaked, eyes red and puffy. She looked as shocked as I felt. "Aiah..." she breathed, quickly wiping her tears.

Mikha's Pov

Seeing Aiah’s concern made my chest tighten. I wanted to reach out, to explain everything, but the words caught in my throat. "It’s... it’s just a family problem," I stammered, trying to keep my voice steady. "Wala ka nang dapat alalahanin."

Her eyes softened, but I could see the pain there. She knew I was avoiding her, and it hurt her.

Aiah's Pov

I wanted to hug her, to comfort her, but I held back. "Janna, kahit ano pa yan, nandito lang ako," I said softly, handing her my handkerchief. "Gamitin mo 'to. Huwag mo nang isauli."

She took it hesitantly, her fingers brushing mine. The contact sent a jolt through me, but I quickly pulled away, grabbing my forgotten belongings. "I hope things get better," I said, my voice barely above a whisper.

Mikha's Pov

Janna... that’s the name you used to call me during the days when we were still happy. I really miss you calling me that, my yang.

Her words were like a balm to my aching heart, but they also reminded me of the chasm between us. "S-salamat," I managed to say, clutching the handkerchief tightly.

Aiah gave me one last, lingering look before turning to leave. "Stop crying na, Janna. I know magiging maayos din ang lahat with whatever you’re going through with your family. Take care always, okay?" she said, her voice gentle.

I stayed staring at her, not a single word coming out of my mouth. until, i watch her walk away. As soon as she was out of sight, the tears flowed freely again. I was alone, once more, in my misery. The pain of our unresolved issues and my own helplessness crashed over me like a tidal wave.