Reconnecting and Revelations

3rd Person's Pov

As Aiah and Stacey stepped inside, Colet immediately approached Aiah, noticing her distant expression. Without hesitation, Colet gently held Aiah's arm and guided her to sit on the couch.

Aii, you okay?” Colet asked, concern lacing her voice as she sat beside her.

Aiah forced a smile, trying to mask her true feelings. “Oo naman, Cole. I'm fine. Just a bit tired lang siguro.”

But Colet could see through the facade. She had known Aiah long enough to recognize when something was off. She squeezed Aiah's hand reassuringly. “Alam mo, you don't have to pretend with me. I'm here for you, no matter what.”

Aiah's smile faltered slightly, but she maintained her composure. “I appreciate it, Cole. Pero talaga, okay lang ako.”

Colet didn't push further, respecting Aiah's boundaries but silently promising herself to stay by her side. She shifted the conversation to lighter topics, hoping to ease Aiah's mind.

Meanwhile, Sheena and Stacey exchanged glances. They had noticed the tension within their group ever since the fallout between Mikha and Aiah. They needed a plan to bring everyone back together, at least for a while.

Sheena whispered to Stacey, “I think we should invite everyone to the nipa hut behind our room. A simple coffee time might help ease the tension.”

Stacey nodded in agreement. “Pero huwag muna nating sabihan sina Mikha and her friends. Let’s see how it goes with our squad first.”

Sheena turned to Aiah. “Aiahluv? ok lang ba na mag-invite tayo ng friends natin for some coffee time sa nipa hut? It’s been a while since we all hung out together na kasi eh”

Aiah's eyes lit up slightly at the suggestion. Sige, Shee. That sounds like a good idea. Matagal na rin nga tayong hindi nagkakasama-sama.”

Sheena quickly took out her phone and began sending out invitations to their friends. She made sure to include everyone from their squad except Mikha, Sheena first thought about what would be best for the situation between the two, so she and Stacey decided not to include her for now.

As the messages were sent, Aiah leaned back into the couch, feeling a mix of anticipation and anxiety. She was looking forward to seeing her friends, but the thought of potentially crossing paths with Mikha lingered at the back of her mind.

Colet, noticing Aiah's thoughtful expression, nudged her gently. “Pst, it's gonna be fun. Let's just enjoy the moment, okay?”

Aiah nodded, grateful for Colet's unwavering support. “Okay, Cole. Thank you for always being there.”

Colet smiled warmly. “Of course, Aii. I’ll always be here for you, as I always say.”

LATER THAT EVENING

The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm glow over the nipa hut. Friends started arriving, and soon enough, the air was filled with laughter and chatter. Aiah sat with Colet, Stacey, and Sheena, enjoying the relaxed atmosphere.

Gwen, Jho, and Maloi joined them, each bringing something to contribute to their impromptu gathering. Gwen carried a tray of freshly brewed coffee, while Maloi brought a basket of pastries. Jho, ever the life of the party, had a Bluetooth speaker in hand, ready to play some music.

“Perfect timing, guys,” Sheena said, gesturing for them to take a seat. “Let’s make this evening memorable.”

The group settled in, and soon, the nipa hut was filled with the aroma of coffee and the sound of cheerful conversation. Aiah found herself genuinely smiling, the warmth of her friends' company easing some of the burden on her heart.