Confusing Emotions and Unexpected Games

3rd Person POV

Aiah felt a rush of heat to her cheeks, her face turning a deep shade of red. Flustered, she quickly walked away from Colet's side and walked towards the living room. She didn't want Colet to see her blushing; it was confusing enough for her as it was. As she sat down, she couldn't help but think about how Colet's words had made her feel. They reminded her of Mikha-how Mikha used to say things that would make her heart flutter. But she shook her head, whispering to herself, "No, hindi sila magkatulad. Malaki ang pinagkaiba ni Colet sakanya."

She sighed deeply, trying to push away the conflicting thoughts. Just as she was lost in her musings, Colet walked in, a playful grin on her face.

"Aii, ngano ka nag-walk-out?," Colet teased, plopping down beside her on the couch.

Aiah glanced away, avoiding eye contact. "Wala lang. Naisip ko lang magpahinga diri."

Colet leaned in closer, making Aiah squirm a bit. "Sigurado ka? You looked like you were gonna explode kanina," she said with a mischievous glint in her eye. "Hindi naman kita nabigla, diba?"

Aiah chuckled nervously, "Hindi naman. Masyado ka lang siguro malakas mang-asar."

Colet laughed, nudging Aiah lightly. "Sabi ko nga, ikaw ang favorite kong asarin. Pero seryoso, are you really okay? Baka kasi you felt uncomfy kanina.."

Aiah hesitated, not sure how to express the confusion she felt inside. "Okay lang ako, I appreciate your concern. And, I wasn't uncomfortable earlier, ok? Thanks for checking on me Cole."

Colet looked at her with concern but decided not to push further. Instead, she switched the topic to lighter things, hoping to see Aiah smile genuinely. They chatted for a while, with Colet throwing in a few more playful jabs, making Aiah laugh despite herself. The tension seemed to ease, but the confusion in Aiah's heart remained, more muddled than ever.

Suddenly, a voice crackled over the wall intercom in the living room, breaking their conversation. It was the head teacher, calling for everyone to gather in the assembly area. Aiah and Colet exchanged glances before quickly getting up to get dressed.

--------------------

At the assembly area, students from different courses gathered, buzzing with excitement. The head teacher stood at the front, addressing the crowd.

"Good afternoon, everyone! For our second activity today, we will be playing a classic game: Truth or Dare," the head teacher announced, receiving enthusiastic cheers from the students. "The mechanics are simple. Each course will have a representative. They will come up to the front and spin the wheel to determine if they get a truth or a dare. No one can choose; the wheel decides for you."

The crowd murmured in anticipation. Aiah found herself standing beside Colet, with Stacey and Sheena not far off. The group’s atmosphere felt tense yet electric with the excitement of the upcoming game.

"The first players," continued the head teacher, "will be Stacey from Multimedia Arts, Justin from BS Psychology, Gwen from BS Civil Engineering, and a few others from different courses."

As the first group moved forward, the tension in the air thickened. Stacey was the first to spin the wheel, and it landed on "Dare."

Sheena nudged Colet playfully. "Good luck, Staks!"