21: With Ease

Xie Lian

Windmaster bursts from the door, holding his fan out and looking around. He then spotted us, and flushed in shock. "Oho, this was not what we were trying to teach you! Not for this tyrant! What caused this kind of evil to be inside you, Xianle?!"

"Windmaster!" I flushed a bright hue and scooted off San Lang -- I wasn't sure why I was getting so flustered, but the scene was too much to bare. As if I would participate in such dirty deeds. "Oh no! You have it wrong!"

San Lang chuckled and rolled his eye at Windmaster. "I don't know if you missed me, but I didn't think about you or any of your little friends at all."

"Oh, please. I already saw what intentions you have. Back at that cave, tsh, you are vile." He spat back.

What did Windmaster mean by this-?

"Does that make you jealous?" He adds playfully, crossing his arms, raising his eyebrow. "You really want to know what intentions I have?"

"Yes! Like what you were both indulging in!-"

"My back was sore!" I shook my hands quickly, a meek smile on my face. "San Lang made it better! You should get going-!"

"What's the rush?" San Lang mused back, taking a few steps in front of Windmaster. "I think I should let the little pipsqueak speak their mind."

"Oh, by all means, let me. I have a colorful vocabulary." He mused back.

"Oh? Aren't you prideful," He sneered through his teeth.

"San Lang," I put a hand on his arm, looking up at him with desperation. "Now is not the time to fight. Let's go."

Windmaster sighed and stared at me. "..Are you going to be okay? Please reconsider. Come with me, you'll be safe."

"Yes, I'll be fine. Please, grab what you need and be on your way. We're just going to find Fei, do you know him?"

Windmaster grabbed his whisk, making his way out. "Of course I do. He's quite annoying, but more tolerating than Lang Qianqiu, I suppose."

I smiled at that -- at least he's honest. "Do you have any information that could help us?"

He paused and thought before his smile faltered. "He was forced to eat cement as a kid? It was some sort of punishment for some fruit thing. I don't know all the details."

"Ah, it's okay. I don't want to keep you from your duties." I gave him a wave. "Have a good day."

"Awh- you too! Don't let that man seduce you!" He called before walking out.

My eyes widened slightly before coughing -- changing the subject to avoid Windmaster's assumptions. "San Lang! Will our believers continue their prayers?"

San Lang chuckled and ruffled my head. "What do they matter when you have me as a believer? I'm not replaceable." Before walking out. I had cut us up some fruit to eat before trailing behind him.

💮ꕥ💮ꕥ💮ꕥ💮ꕥ💮

We arrived at the strange village -- at least what was left of it. While we arrived before, it was blooming with commotion and lively chatter. I pulled out my sword, its eye darting around -- Ruoye slithered further up my arm.