Twenty Seven

OH MY GOSH OKAY.
so, I had youth camp, which left me out of town and out of range of my laptop for a week and then it took forever to get my sleep pattern back to normal and blah blah blah life has just been crazy recently. but here you go!! i will be going on another vacation next week so bear with me if i don't have another chapter out quickly, okay? i love you guys and thank you so much for your persistence and perseverance!! you're amazing.

this chapter is dedicated to all of you because you're great

BELLE IS GETTING GUTSY, BETTER WATCH YOUR BACK!!

--

10:23 a.m.

(same day as ch 25 - still working out the dates, bear with!!)

"You dirty little whore," Melody's dark chuckle resonates from behind Belle in Spanish class, "Don't think I don't see you, baby Belle."

Belle glances up over the top of her paper at Mel with a look of innocence. She wasn't going to try and start a fight today, she just really wants to finish this stupid Spanish paper. Spanish is her worst subject and usually it takes her forever to finish a simple assignment, so the last thing she needs is Melody to take up any of her time.

"What is it?" Belle asks as she writes down a sentence partially resembling correct Spanish grammar.

Melody twists fully in her seat and lays her forearms on Belle's desk, "I saw you and Luke kissing in the parking lot this morning. What a skank you are, little miss." Belle wants to let her jaw flop like the one scene in Aladdin where Jafar has to make the Genie shut his mouth like a window shade. She forces her mouth to work, a blush still stubbornly creeping up her neck to her cheeks, "In case you haven't realized yet, Luke and I are dating. Kissing is a normal part of dating, isn't it? Or am I supposed to skip straight to the goodies?"

Now it's Mel's turn to pick her chin up from the floor.

Where did that come from, Belle?! You're spending too much time with Luke, your filter is fading. I'm not half as scary as he is, she's going to pierce me with her stilettos.

"You're dead," Mel snorts after recomposing herself, "you are so dead for that comment, you little...I can't believe I extended myself to you with open arms at the start of this year!"

Belle grits her teeth and tucks a stray lock of hair behind her ear with trembling fingertips, "Oh, you opened your arms to me, is that right?!" Everything in her body is screaming No! but every other part of her is shaking and shouting Yes! "You literally gave me an ultimatum, Melody: either I become like you and you'll keep the people from making fun of me, or I go on being bullied and teased until the day I die."

A scoff tumbles from Mel's lips, "You're being so sensitive - that just built your character, doll. Without me you couldn't have even pulled Luke in the first place. He doesn't date girls, baby, he dates women. Apparently flat-chested and stick-straight ones at that."

Belle shrugs, losing all her self-control, "He doesn't like tissues either."

Oh no, I'm dead.

"We're done, Belle," Mel smirks.

"Good," returns Belle. "I've been ready for this moment from day one when I realized you were worse bullies than the ones you claimed you were saving me from."

The self-satisfied sneer twisting Melody's thin lips sends a shudder through Belle's spine, "Consider things reversed, doll. You're the target now. And I'll make sure no one is there to save you this time, sugar."