Two

author's note: heyyyy guys :-) okay so weeee chapter two i really hope you like it bc there's luke x belle interaction and wesley makes an appearance and it would mean the world to me weY HEY  if you would leave lil comments they're awesome you're awesome and i love you thank you for the reads. xx

12:29 p.m.

Thursday, October 26th, 2014

Monday.

Tuesday.

Wednesday.

Belle’s never sure she’s ever felt more ignored in her lifetime, aside all those days when her parents…But that’s another story. Anyone she’s ever tried to make conversation with normally talks back, at least offers a bit of enthusiasm. Luke Hemmings?

Not a chance.

He won’t talk, he won’t look, he won’t move. It physically pains her because he’s her puzzle she’s bent on trying to solve and it seems as if he doesn’t care one iota about her. I’ve got to try something else, Belle tells herself as she forces herself through the lunch line no matter how much her stomach is churning. I’ve got to talk about him, I’ve got to make him talk. She pays for her food and looks up, searching for the familiar table he’s sat at.

Today he’s wearing a plain white t-shirt and the same black jeans that are ripped on one knee, a black beanie perched atop his bright blonde hair, his bangs peeking out from underneath as they flop on his forehead. Belle sucks in a deep breath as she forces herself to move towards the table. She tried to make herself seem more appealing, wearing only an over-sized sweater and some skinny jeans with her Keds as opposed to the high skirts, tights, and skin-tight sweaters Melody forces her into.

When she sits down, he doesn’t look up.

He continues scribbling on a piece of paper, drawing a little bird surrounded by music notes along the margins. “Whatcha drawing?” she asks, leaning over the table with her hands in her lap, her lower lip pulled into her mouth. He covers it up without a word, eliciting a sigh from Belle as she settles back into her seat.

As she picks at her pizza, pulling the sausage bits off it, she mumbles, “You want this?” No response. “Hello?” She reaches out and waves her hand in front of his face, a pepperoni piece wiggling between her fingers. “Anyone home?!”

Luke shifts in his seat uncomfortably as if he’s keeping his lips locked, not uttering a word. He chews on the corner, pulling the little black hoop into his mouth. She pushes the food aside and plops her leather bound notebook onto the table. His eyes flicker upwards to the journal-like book even though he still refuses to look at her face. “Look,” she says with faux confidence, “I brought my song lyric book. Remember, I told you I write too. You wanna see it?”

Nothing.

Belle leans back while crossing her arms over her chest, pouting out her lower lip just a bit. She tries to rack her brain for a way to force a few words out of him, but nothing comes to mind. She just wants him to talk to her, not sit there staring like he’s a statue at the park down the street.